How to remove bad carbon buildup????

Jon89le

All along the runners of my lowering intake manifold i have black crap which looks like carbon buildup. What can i use to get rid of this stuff? I tried a degreaser and it didnt work. I also tried WD40 with no sucess. I would really hate to put the motor together with all that buildup on the runners. Thanks

You can also try using kerosene or varsol. They work well in cleaning up all that carbon, dirt and grease in your engine bay. Just don't let that stuff touch the paint and you might have to let it sit for a while. Also try using a pressure washer.

yeah put everything together on the engine, and then follow the procedure. the vacuum hose i used was the one in the middle on top of the throttle body. It has to be a vacuum hose that was constant vacuum.

Paul

• 2 months later...
Clean it with BRAKE PARTS CLEANER. It will taks anything oil based off safely and cheap too

Thats exactly what i would recomend. then once its together then run the Top engine cleaner.

RedZ