Wheel Cleaning

WhiteOut

I finally got around to doing a through cleaning job on my wheels today to clean up the mess that winter left behind. I bought some of those Mr. Clean Magic Eraser deals and holy hell did they work well. I used one sponge to clean all four wheels and it took way less scrubbing than soapy water or any wheel cleaner I've ever used. Check out the results below.

Before:

dirty.jpg

After:

clean.jpg

personally, I like the mothers wheel cleaner, the spray for the polished and mag wheels. Ive been using it for about a summer and I still have yet to find anything better.

its great cuz all you do is just spray the wheel with water spray on the mothers and wash it off. makes polished wheels look like chrome.

Hmm...I've never used any spray on wheel cleaner that would take off rust stains and baked on dust as well as these pads did. Plus I don't have to worry about hurting the clear coat finish on my wheels since there's no chemicals involved.

i bought some of that mr. clean eraser thing, and wasnt impressed. Sure it got some off the wheels, but i still had to use Meguiars Hot Rims cleaner. That still works the best IMO as a spray.

I tried the erasers on the tires like it said, didnt do jack.

I haven't tried it on wheels, but I've been very impressed with everything else I've used it on (Magic Eraser that is). It's abrasive, of course it works well for it's intended purposes. They're not all that cheap though...

Yeah, they still look pretty good too, but not washing them for a couple months took a toll on them as you can see. Luckily the sponge dealy brought them 95%back to life, I'll have to do some more scrubbing to make them look as good as they did last summer.