regal audio

rudefyet

According to crutchies, you'll need this mount for the radio:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uzoD35znuHg/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=112200&I=003GMK407

They do make 1.5-DIN (not sure if that's the kosher term, whatever) receivers, but they are fairly expensive and mostly out of date. That mount also has room for a half-DIN Equalizer, should you want to fill the hole.

Crutchies says that there are two 5.25" speakers on the front door and two 6x9s(or 6.5" with mounts) in the rear deck. I believe cars with the Premium audio systems have extra tweeters somewhere...not quite sure though. Might want to look around in the car (My 95 has a permium system, has extra 3" tweeters in the door(At least I think they're tweeters...whatever though)).

As far as stereo choices, any DIN-size receiver should fit fine in that mount, so you aren't limited basically, at least by the electronics.

+97 Regals are not 1.5 DIN as stated in the reply above, they are double din (2din) decks and you have a LOT of options available, including tons of monitor, navigation systems and top of the line stuff. That being said double din decks tend to be very pricey, but are worth every penny.

Ah sorry. Could help if I learned how to read. :bash:

You can also get mounts to put single-DIN decks in, but they look fugly and a bit ricerish. Cheaper though, so whatever you want.

i was mainly wondering about the differences between the base and "premium" system (i'm gonna assume a higher power amp, better speakers and the addition of tweeters in the door right next to the A pillar)

but so far...2 pairs of 5 1/4" and 2 pairs of 6x9" ....damn...thats gonna be pricy