88-94 Cutlass with plastic emblem on glovebox lid?

GnatGoSplat

My '89 Cutlass has a plastic "Oldsmobile" emblem embedded into the glove compartment lid. The vinyl is recessed in the shape of the emblem, and the emblem is either glued or stuck on. I like it.

My wife's '88 and the '94 convertible, as well as my stepbrother's '90 sedan, all have "Oldsmobile" stamped into the vinyl itself.

Is 89 the only year to get the plastic emblem? Anyone else have it?

I'm mainly just curious. I need a new glovebox lid because the color on mine doesn't match my new dash pad and I thought I'd rather get one with the plastic emblem.

my original '90 had the plastic emblem, so that '90 sedan must not have the original one. I think they "stamped" it when they went to using vinyl on the passenger side dash instead of carpet.

I couldn't say why the '88 has the stamped, cause Taylor's original dash has the emblem, and I'm certain that's the original. Does Penny's 88 have the "spotted" black dash?

my original '90 had the plastic emblem, so that '90 sedan must not have the original one. I think they "stamped" it when they went to using vinyl on the passenger side dash instead of carpet.

I couldn't say why the '88 has the stamped, cause Taylor's original dash has the emblem, and I'm certain that's the original. Does Penny's 88 have the "spotted" black dash?

Yep, Penny's '88 has the spotted black dash which is why I'm confused as to when they used the plastic emblems. The lid is the proper spotted black & gray color (like pepper).

Weird!

My '89 Cutlass has a plastic "Oldsmobile" emblem embedded into the glove compartment lid. The vinyl is recessed in the shape of the emblem, and the emblem is either glued or stuck on. I like it.

My wife's '88 and the '94 convertible, as well as my stepbrother's '90 sedan, all have "Oldsmobile" stamped into the vinyl itself.

Is 89 the only year to get the plastic emblem? Anyone else have it?

I'm mainly just curious. I need a new glovebox lid because the color on mine doesn't match my new dash pad and I thought I'd rather get one with the plastic emblem.

Think mine has a black or dark grey plastic emblem recessed into the graphite lid.

Yeah, yours being an '88 would have the pepper/stone fleck type dash, not a solid graphite. Anyone know if the plastic emblem glovebox lid is available in solid graphite?

I have one, but it's got dimples on it!