Get gas tonight

Garrett8

I love watching older movies from like the early 90s or so, and you see gas station signs with gas for like $1.40...

what kind of gas where they buying thats the gas prices in 2002 2003

It seems that everytime someone trips while carrying a quart of Quaker State gas prices go up. This is flippin' insane. I realize market prices fluctuate, but not 15% a day! What gives!

i paid $2.25 for regular monday night when i filled up. the next pump over was an Avalanche....paid $65 for 38 gallons :shock:

dont wanna think of what its gonna jump up to next :roll:

Yeah, the Avy has a big tank, but I still get around 20mpg with mine (driving in granny mode) :lol:

The highest price for low grade here is $2.19

I can remember before Y2K, I got high test for $0.99/gal! Those were the good old days.

I already have the vaporizer built and fuctioning. Now All I need is the car, the water tank, and the pulse width modulator and I should be straight.

Then again, it is an expirament.

That water thing is total bullshit. You cannot get 300mpg running on water or even 50 for that matter. Has anyone actually seen the electrolysis of water before? Its slow as hell. There's no way enough Hydrogen could be produced to fuel a vehicle. Thats why automotive companies are looking into fuel cells and catalytic chambers and not simply running leads off the battery and into a tank of water. This "plan" sickens me.

There are three cars on the internet (that I know Of) that run using a 93% water/7% gas mixture with this setup. It says you must wait atleast 30 seconds for the water to break down and create pressure. I'm going to try and make mine 100% water, but I think that would be shooting too high for now.

I love how they keep promoting "bigger and more powerful" SUV's with v8's and get like 10 MPG... Ive been behind them at the pump, and they spend over $50 on one fillup...

my winter beater is a 86 cougar 5.0 and i just put in the most in one fill up ever---$49.00 :thumbsdown: @ $2.35 a gallon

only when I filled that up it was about 1.70 a gallon for 94 octane...
$1.70!?!?!? Dude, what I would give fot that today. $2.13 for the cheep 89 octane up PA... :bawl:

5 months ago thats what it cost...no surprise there. Its 2.30 here for the cheap stuff (87 octane) right now. I remember the day I bought my STE (in Dec of '03) I went to the gas station and filled her up with 93 octane for $1.36. Those were the days! I also remember in '97 when I had a paper route that when I rode my bike by the gas station the gas would always be like 95 to 99 cents. I think it hit 1.01 once and I was surprised.

Shawn

I might be a little late to chime in on the conversation, and could be a re-post. But all well here are some links to a car designed back in 98. This particular car runs on air that is compressed in to tanks.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/air-car.htm

http://www.theaircar.com/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2281011.stm

http://www.planetsave.com/ViewStory.asp?ID=24

The range isn’t too far; I guess it would be far enough for city commuters. Or the could double the tanks capacity and allow one tank to be filled using a on bored compressor powered by an alternator of some sort.

Instead of a water powered car why not spend $10-$30 on a used bike? Besides your food, it costs NOTHING! Jeez, I still have my bike and I can hit at least 20 going flat and 30 on my dads old one. Just get fit! :roll:

PS: (I'm going to get a $100 junkyard car and TRY the water thing.) :lol:

Instead of a water powered car why not spend $10-$30 on a used bike? Besides your food, it costs NOTHING! Jeez, I still have my bike and I can hit at least 20 going flat and 30 on my dads old one. Just get fit! :roll:

Yea Im real sure all of us are gonna start riding our bikes over 20 miles just to get to work one way :roll:

Just get fit! no ill drive my car thank you

since your 1st post the price of gas has risen .02 cents here in Buffalo

Same here. Then again, I'm sure the prices on this area of the east coast probably rise all at the same time.

2.31 for 87 over here just south of detroit...

Feel bad for my family...(Dad drives a new-model 2002 Ram w/ the 5.9, mom and bro drive a Durango w/ the 5.2 - Can we say screwed?!)