Would these subs handle my amp??

rshissler

I would spend a little more money on some subs with a bit more meat on them. Those have tiny magnets I don't think you'll be too happy with them (but what do I know).

Anyways, it should be fine just don't have the gain on the amp set too high.

• 5 weeks later...
Save yourself the money and don't get the crappy subwoofers that you have listed above.

believe it or not, I have heard the "xsites" and they actually sound damn good....I couldn't believe it

Save yourself the money and don't get the crappy subwoofers that you have listed above.

believe it or not, I have heard the "xsites" and they actually sound damn good....I couldn't believe it

that is because they are rebadged Audiobahns ...

at high volume they distort like a mother chucker.... just like mr bahns.

Get MMATS I dont' have a pair my self nut at every bass off I have ever been to, MMATS where the clear leader in car audio. Also you subs are 4 ohm not 8 ohm. And you get what you pay for. Don't go cheap.

the subs each are 50 - 150 watts RMS

Heres the link http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iQxx55UYXFp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=67700&I=575RFZ3812

My amp is a Nitro, 150W x 2 ch at 2Ohms, 100 x 2 ch at 4 Ohms, and 300 x 1 ch bridged.

They are 8 ohm subs so wire the subs in parallel and bridge the amp. You will get 150W to each speaker.

I would go with a single JL audio 12. It will hit pretty hard with 300 W behind it. They are DVC so get the DVC 2 ohm, wire it in series ( 4 ohms) and you are set. It will save you space due to (smaller box than 1 12's) and they are <$150 for a 12W3.

Glock

MMATS are very good.

it doesnt matter what brand you buy, if you pay 50 bucks a sub, Expect a 50 dollar subwoofer.

You get what you pay for, Period.