Creaking/Groaning/Rubbing when turning

supreme_style21

When I turn the wheel, much more at low speeds, something creaks/groans.. much like a pathetic sound effect you'd hear when a door opens in a horror movie. I've quickly looked underneath and I cannot see anything rubbing. Its getting progressively worse/noticable. Any specific locations this may be coming from?

Might try to needle grease your tie rod ends and ball joints, a lot of times that will take care of any front end squeaks. Most factory joints have no grease provisions, so you need to poke the needle in there and give her the juice.

Might try to needle grease your tie rod ends and ball joints, a lot of times that will take care of any front end squeaks. Most factory joints have no grease provisions, so you need to poke the needle in there and give her the juice.

Huh. That might explain the clicking/clunk that has accompanied it as of today.. not sure.

I love this new car.

My dad's Taurus started making the same sound as you have described. A fairly loud creaking/groaning when making turns at lower speeds, ie. parking lots...

The problem was the steering rack. I dunno what was wrong with it, but it was fucked up and would groan and make pretty wierd noises when turning left, and it was starting to do the same when turning right.

Luckily this was a week before he took the car into to have the rack changed anyway because the steering was getting pretty loose.

But he didn't have the clunk that you said you have, so I dunno.

- Jeff L.

Well the clicking was a shady caliper... I changed that this weekend.

So now its just the groaning at low speeds while turning. It sounds very similar to an old creaky door opening. It shows up once in awhile now... not 100% all the time. Basically only happens when people are with me, so they can hear it and continue to tell me that I bought a piece of shit. I've fixed more shit on this car in the 3 months I've had it than I have on the past three cars I had over the course of the last 5 years.

Basically only happens when people are with me, so they can hear it and continue to tell me that I bought a piece of shit. I've fixed more shit on this car in the 3 months I've had it than I have on the past three cars I had over the course of the last 5 years.

Are you serious :shock:

damn that sucks dude. Also one of the reasons im kinda scared about getting a newer car. Never know it could be worse than the one before.

I have the same problem but it only happens when I reverse. If im going less than 5mph I will hear a groan. I have the clunking when turning tho. I assume it has to do with any of these:

inner tie rods, outter tie rods, or struts

Basically only happens when people are with me, so they can hear it and continue to tell me that I bought a piece of shit. I've fixed more shit on this car in the 3 months I've had it than I have on the past three cars I had over the course of the last 5 years.

Are you serious :shock:

damn that sucks dude. Also one of the reasons im kinda scared about getting a newer car. Never know it could be worse than the one before.

Same reason I was V E R Y hesitant on buying this one and getting rid of my old one. Do I regret it? I dunno.. Its more frustration than regret. I finally get the car I've been after for years and, while its certainly not a lemon, its taking a lot to get it to where I'm comfortable with it.