wtf is this???

GutlessSupreme

********Thread Hijack alert!!!!!***********

Wonder why GM and Ford are dying :roll:

Im sorry, but i would own a GM over any import anyday. IMO GM and ford are doing just fine.

Its not always about how fast or how powerful its also about how practical and safe. Some people need a car that can actualy hold more then 2 people and do it safely(also why SUVs are so popular). i would rather have a safe car that eats gas over an small car thats fuel efficent b/c you never know when some jackass is going to t-bone you.

with some of the newer cars fuel efficency is even better then before and safty features keep comeing out of the woodwork.

If your post was directed on reliability you are also barking up the wrong tree. These motors are rock solid if properly maintained no matter how hard you drive.

********Thread Hijack alert!!!!!***********

Its not always about how fast or how powerful its also about how practical and safe. Some people need a car that can actualy hold more then 2 people and do it safely(also why SUVs are so popular). i would rather have a safe car that eats gas over an small car thats fuel efficent b/c you never know when some jackass is going to t-bone you.

with some of the newer cars fuel efficency is even better then before and safty features keep comeing out of the woodwork.

People assume that because their cars are deemed 'safer,' it excuses them from driving responsibly. My 1992 Pontiac Tempest (née: Chevy Corsica) was recently t-boned by a woman in a Ford Excursion. She was dialing her phone and ran a red light. Needless to say, because she had to have the biggest SUV on her kids soccer team she felt safe and drove away from the scene, however I was taken to the hospital for back injuries. The Tempest was a safe car but because auto manufacturers want to produce these gargantuan trucks for daily use, nothing under 1 1/2 tons is 'safe' anymore.

thank god the Ford Excursion has been discontinued. i need to replace the oil pump drive seal myself. i'm also going to do my car's head gaskets and rebuild the valve terrain, along with cleaning the fucking HELL out of the intakes. fyi i have a 1983 chevy suburban and i'm not dumb enough to talk on the phone when driving that truck.

valve terrain

:lol:

??? i just said i was planing on replacing the valve guides springs and valve whats wrong with that?

It's "valve train" :lol:

wtfisthat.jpg

What is that thing?

:lol:

change the 0-ring with a brown lookin one from gm. and use some gasket sealer on that as well... you will be kicking your self in the ass if you dont.

im just suprised you did not know what that was. its the stupid things that cause the problems, like oil leaks......

im just suprised you did not know what that was. its the stupid things that cause the problems, like oil leaks......

I agree most ppl easily know what that is.

fyi i have a 1983 chevy suburban and i'm not dumb enough to talk on the phone when driving that truck.

doesn't matter what you drive, you shouldn't talk on the phone ;)

question... after how many miles does the o-ring start leaking?

'cuz mine hasn't :shock:

Mine was leaking at 70k "when I got the car"

Engine is now pig iron and pepsi cans :lol:

I think all GM mpfi 60 degrees v6's are good, I also like all the mpfi 3800's.....Also the old 3.0 v6 in Fords new Five Hundred is kinda dumb the car is quite heavy and big and awd has more drivetrain loss. I like the 12v 3.0 vulcan better than the 24v duratec 3.0 currently used.

I also like all the mpfi 3800's.....Also the old 3.0 v6 in Fords new Five Hundred is kinda dumb the car is quite heavy and big and awd has more drivetrain loss. I like the 12v 3.0 vulcan better than the 24v duratec 3.0 currently used.

ok...

I agree most ppl easily know what that is.

I didn't :oops:

But now I do :thumbsup:

I guess cause neither of the V6s I've owned have had any real oil leak for me to care.