steering column feels wobbly

White93z34

ever sicne i put this new column in the car it has what i think is too much play in it. with it locked into any tilt position it will wiggle up and down just a little.

is there any way to correct this?

You gotta remove the steering wheel, signal switch housing/cover, unbolt and set aside the signal switch. Look at the column from the drivers seat. On the BOTTOM RIGHT there will be a silver round cap with a square hole in the middle. Use a suitable large philips screwdriver on the square hole to push IN, and TURN the cap until it releases (strong spring behind it, watch out) now remove the cap + spring, and looking thru the hole you'll see 1 or 2 bolts hex style, I'm pretty sure it's hex. It's a little tough to get to, but tighten the shit out of that bolt. Reassemble. Make sure the spring gets in there correctly (there's an eraser sized nipple that keeps it centered inside the column, w00t)

yea mine does the same thing "damn steering wheel cover" well it wouldnt go on so i forced it on . I had the knee on the down of the steering wheel cover on pushed up to hard with my knee and pop :bash: But it only moves up and down 1/8 inch so it dont bother me 8)