tire size question

rudefyet

it's for my car

i've got 15" sawblade rims

the trunk sticker says 205/65/15, but the car has 205/60/15 on it...

I dunno i just think they look way too small to be only a size smaller than stock, and I'm afraid 205/65/15 won't look much bigger.

i had to put 215/65/r16s on my cutlass to make my speedometer accurate :?

And this helps me how?

ROFL... :lol: ...i don't think it does...

BUT, i'd stick with whatever the stock size is supposed to be...or you'll throw the speedo off...

my speedo is way off, either the VSS is bad, or my tires are way smaller than what they say they are

i was hoping i could wait to get crosslaces...but 245/50/16 tires are almost the same diameter as 205/65/15, so my wheel gap may still remain

I'll measure m current tires tomorrow (i got 22 inches while they were on the car, but that's not very accurate). If they do happen to be labeled as the wrong size i'll file a complaint, if not i'll hold out for new tires or rims, i'm getting so fucking tired of hearing about and seeing my wheel gap

205/65-15 are almost an inch bigger than what you've got now. You'd be surprised at what a difference an inch makes when it comes to wheel gap.

You might go to 215/65-15, they're 26" tall and should fill the wheel well a lot better. I think that's what Penny used to have on her 88 Cutlass.

245/50-16 are 25.6" tall and looks perfect on a TGP. There's only about 1-1/2" or less gap on the sides. The top gap is a bit big, but a lowering kit would fix that. I'm not sure if the flares and B4U package makes the wheel openings smaller or not.

the calculation...

205/60-15 = 205mm * .60 = 123mm tall per side... (123 * 2) = 246mm / ~25mm/in = 9.84" of tire + a 15" wheel = 24.84" tall total

205/65-15 = 205mm * .65 = 133.25 * 2 = 266.5mm / ~25mm/in = 10.66inches of sidewall + 15" = 25.66" tall total

25.66 - 24.84 = 0.82" difference in total height... This will make a noticable difference in your wheel well...

(The calculations were not to "out-do" anybody, but so that when people are figuring differences, they don't have to post about it and wait a day for it, but rather, can calculate it themselves... this also works for different wheel sizes, etc. because you just add a different # than 15 in for wheel size.)

Mike

couldn't remember if it was 24.5 or 25.4... we always just use 25 at work... it seems to be close enough unless you're talking about long distances anyway... :wink:

Mike

Did anyone see the link I posted?

Just go buy yourself a set of 16 in wheels.........trading wheel gap for a large sidewall is not cool. They'll just look like a ballon tire or floaters then.

245/50/16s don't look that bad....

Grand%20Prix%20007.jpg

Then you have a 245 mm wide tire.......trust me, thats a good thing......both in performance and looks.....but this are also on a 8" wide wheel.

I had the 215/65/15s from my old car right next to the 225/65/16s on my crosslace, and the crosslace look quite a bit bigger (and meatier due to the width). Right now I have minivan tires on the crosslace for winter (215/70/15 IIRC).