painting calipers

ThunderBat

I've painted my fair share of calipers. Frankly it doesn't seem to matter what type of paint you use as long as you do a good prep job and get a couple coats on them. The first time I did calipers I used the special high heat ceramic paint in a bright red color. They looked great when done, but guess what...they were a total PIA to keep clean and thus they ended up looking horrible after about a weeks worth of driving. The next couple sets I did I simply used a high heat enamel. I did my calipers in grey, and the brackets in black. Not quite as bling bling, but then again whats the point in drawing attention to 11" rotors anyways. At any rate, its been about six months since applying the enamel and they've braved the michigan salt just fine, plus they still look nice. So, my advice is go to the hardware store and pick up some enamel paint for $3 a can.

I used the cheapest engine paint from Wal-mart. I don't remember how much I paid, but they still look great. Since they're glossy, any brake dust just wipes right off. It's nice.

I did the calipers in red and brackets in black. Only reason I did red is because it matches the car. I plan to do gunmetal and black on the 94.

What about powdercoating? I really think it would be worthwhile because it seems like it would stand alot better than spray paint type paint.