Wiring a DIS in a '93 cutty 3.4

georgost

When it was wired up in my cutty, everything except the fuel economy info worked. From what I can tell, most people couldn't get the fuel stuff to work either. Everything else is straight wire to wire and your done.

Search is a brilliant idea, but if you do not know HOW to use it, it gets to a pain in the ass tool.. Now, just a tid bit: Form what I know, I th9ought that the "OBD 1.5" switch happened in 1994 with the advent of the 3100 standard.. Or.. Because the 3100 made it's FIRST appearances in the Cutty Supreme in 93, does that make it OBD 1.5? Because I know the 3.1 MPFI is OBD 1, and if that remains true for the cutty in 93, then the fuel econ should work just fine.. Just need to splice into the Purple (On Luminii anyway) fuel wire..

Search is a brilliant idea, but if you do not know HOW to use it, it gets to a pain in the ass tool.. Now, just a tid bit: Form what I know, I th9ought that the "OBD 1.5" switch happened in 1994 with the advent of the 3100 standard.. Or.. Because the 3100 made it's FIRST appearances in the Cutty Supreme in 93, does that make it OBD 1.5? Because I know the 3.1 MPFI is OBD 1, and if that remains true for the cutty in 93, then the fuel econ should work just fine.. Just need to splice into the Purple (On Luminii anyway) fuel wire..

I worked on a 93 Cutty Vert. last saturday with a 3.1 in it. Did they offer both engines in 93?

i've heard rumors of some '93s having a 3100, but I have never seen one, in person or even online for that matter

well, i have a mid-late year '93 (built in April) and i have a 3.1....i do have a '93 3100 service manual add-on book, so i guess some '93's had a 3100, but i've never seen one either

i've heard rumors of some '93s having a 3100, but I have never seen one, in person or even online for that matter

I have heard from other people that they have seen 3100's in '93 Cutlass Supremes. Seems to be the same situation with the '89 Cutlass. 1989 model year CS's made LATE in the year got the 3.1. Same with 1993 Cutlasses: those made LATE in the '93 model year got the 3100.