What Radio should i get? *PICS*

f_399

What should I get  

1. 1. What should I get

What model is #2? Is it the DEH-P7600MP or the 6600? The 7600 plays MP3's and the 6600 doesn't. I vote you get the DEH-P7600MP (unless this years model is out now, probably called DEH-P7700MP.) My wife and I both have 7600's in our cars :D and I can't say enough good things about it...

I'm stuck between #1 and #2. I sell this stuff, pretty much daily, so I know all about those models(well, besides for the Alpine, but we start carrying that Sunday).

BTW, if your looking at Pioneer, get the new stuff. All of those models are last years stuff :wink:

Get the 7600MP. Very nice deck. I got mine for about $170 shipped brand new on Ebay and it was worth every penny. I'm with DiscoStudd, I can't say enough good things about it. My supervisor bought one on my recommendation and he really likes it too.

There is also a 7700MP out now, it replaces the 7600MP. This is probably a better choice because it adds AAC playback capability and probably costs the same. Another change is the display is a deep blue color instead of aqua. I usually upgrade to the new model every year, but I'm going to skip this year because I don't even know what AAC is, and I don't care for the cyclops look of the 7700 as much. The 7600's aqua display also matches all the Cutlass digital displays almost exactly.

I was checking out the 7700 as well. The AAC is an iPod file (you can fit twice as many AAC files on a CD-R as MP3's & WMA's.) The thing that I really like about the new 7700 is that you can add either XM or Sirius tuners to it (unlike the 7600 which only lets you add XM.)

On Pioneer's site, they said that later this year they're introducing a module that plugs into this year's HU's (I suppose you can call them the x700 series :lol: ) that will allow you to connect your iPod directly into the AUX input and be able to control it with the HU's controls (kinda like last years models that have a similar module to control the Delphi SkyFi XM tuner...)

Pretty cool, probably better to get the 7700 unless the 7600 is available for a lot cheaper.

I don't have an iPod and I don't believe in paying for radio, so the 7600 will do for now. Maybe I'll get the 7800 next year. :)

I have the older 7400MP in my TGP. I love it. Pioneer Premier decks are top notch quality for the price. I even bought a cheaper Pioneer for my other car because of my satisfaction with my 7400.

Pioneers are built like tanks! The last Pioneer CD HU that I owned, I had in 2 different cars over the span of 5 years. I left it in the car I traded in for my Regal, otherwise I'm sure it would still be with me, alive and well today...

• 2 weeks later...
Pioneers are built like tanks! The last Pioneer CD HU that I owned, I had in 2 different cars over the span of 5 years. I left it in the car I traded in for my Regal, otherwise I'm sure it would still be with me, alive and well today...

I can attest to that!

Check out my awesome 9 year old Pioneer CD Player

This thing still kicks ass! :lol:

pioneer.jpg

# 1 or #2 Im an alpine dude, i have the alpine 9827, at the time the cheapist mp3 deck.

pioneer is nice, has more flash and is fancy, the alpine is straight to the point, kick ass audio!