Richard Petty Edition Grand Prix

sonyman87

STP took an important step forward in NASCAR racing in 1972 by sponsoring the world-famous Richard Petty team. Petty holds more records than any driver, including 200 career wins, more than 1,185 starts, 27 victories in one season with a streak of 10 in a row

So exactly how many Richard Petty Grand prix are there?

something in the ballpark of 3000, i'm sure good ol' ross will chime in sometime soon and let us know the exact number and color breakdown.

Guest Anonymous

In 1991, there were 43 Coupes made, all were white with gold crosslaces, and are the rarest of the Petty Editions.

In 1992, Pontiac Sponsored the Fan Appreciation Tour, and made 1000 limited edition SE Coupes, all had the 3.4 and B4U as minimum ordering requirments, and came in blue, red, or white. most were base models (unlike mine) and featured Petty badging, signature logos, special wheel center caps, and a dashboard nameplate. They also included a signed thank you letter from petty specifying the car number (there is a copy of mine on my cardomain in the www. button)

In 2000 or 1998, I'n not sure, they made another Petty Grand Prix, this time a blue GTP, again limited to 1000 units. All were fully loaded and featured similar badging to the 1992 model.

So, in total, 2,043 were made in three separate segements.

And, of course, mine is blue, not quite loaded but very nicely equipped with the HUD, DIC, etc, all from the factory. And for the record, it runs, but the 4th cylinder has lost compression.

In 1991, there were 43 Coupes made, all were white with gold crosslaces, and are the rarest of the Petty Editions.

In 1992, Pontiac Sponsored the Fan Appreciation Tour, and made 1000 limited edition SE Coupes, all had the 3.4 and B4U as minimum ordering requirments, and came in blue, red, or white. most were base models (unlike mine) and featured Petty badging, signature logos, special wheel center caps, and a dashboard nameplate. They also included a signed thank you letter from petty specifying the car number (there is a copy of mine on my cardomain in the www. button)

In 2000 or 1998, I'n not sure, they made another Petty Grand Prix, this time a blue GTP, again limited to 1000 units. All were fully loaded and featured similar badging to the 1992 model.

So, in total, 2,043 were made in three separate segements.

And, of course, mine is blue, not quite loaded but very nicely equipped with the HUD, DIC, etc, all from the factory. And for the record, it runs, but the 4th cylinder has lost compression.

One thing "FIX IT"

I've never heard of this. Got pics? I've seen daytona editions but never a petty.

I've never heard of this. Got pics? I've seen daytona editions but never a petty.

Ditto..unless it's one of the ugly ass stickered up 97+'s. :lol:

Yikes, the 97+ Petty just doesn't appeal to me. The spoiler is alright, and the intake is as well...I think they let a blind guy punch numbers into the cnc machine to make those wheels. :lol:

• 7 years later...