lets talk struts

White93z34

well after 131,xxx my struts are getting tired and rightfully so, edventually i intend on replaceing them, but what should i go with? i like the ride i have now more or less, firm but comfortable

i've heard alot of rave reviews of KYB GR2s and Monroe Sensatrack Struts. does anyone have these installed. would either be good for handleing and give a nice ride even on semi bumpy roads? i guess i want to know what other members are running and how they like what they got. no need for reviews of coil over rear struts here i'm just talking factory ride height with rear monoleaf.

thanks alot

I have Kyb-gr2's in my car. Back home, where the roads were nice and smooth, it was a fairly decent ride. Here in Toledo, where the roads are chopped to hell, the ride is rough.

But... the handling is awesome.

KYB's make your car handle Great but if you go for long road trips often you might get sick of how harh they may become after 100+miles or so with out letting them cool so they soften up again...

but if you do the whole 50 mile trip often they are awsome for that type of Driving and you cant beat the Price.

Just ordered my KYB GR2's from TireRack on Friday. Grand total for all 4 struts, boots, and mounts plus shipping: $396.84.

BRING ON THE ROUGH RIDE!!!

Just ordered my KYB GR2's from TireRack on Friday. Grand total for all 4 struts, boots, and mounts plus shipping: $396.84.

hearing that Price makes me Glad I found mounts on Ebay for $20 Shipped for both rears....brand new Delco ones...

and I picked up the boots localy for $10 so I saved alot of money looking around....

but the Price of the Stuts with shipping is still cheaper then getting just 2 good ones from a local parts store..

:shock: damn...that seems kinda expensive...just wondering: do you need to buy the KYB mounts & boots?...you should be able to just buy some from a auto parts store, right?...just wondering if there's any difference... :?

hmm i really like how my car feels on long trips, it dosen't fatigue me at all. but i do wish it handled better and the back end sags a tad these days... so i'm prety undecided on what strut i should go for

I suppose I could have bought the cheap parts-store mounts, but I didn't want to chance it after hearing all of the horror stories on this forum.

I could never find any KYB's for sale on eBay when I was ready to buy them, so I just said "fuck it" and got 'em from TireRack.

Here's the breakdown for whomever is curious:

2 Front Cartridges @ $35 each

2 Rear Struts @ $48 each

2 Mounts @ $26 each (can't remember which, the receipt doesn't specify.)

2 Mounts @ $43 each

2 Front Boots @ $12 each

2 Rear Boots @ $ 12 each

Shipping $44.84

I got my Struts from Tirerack and got 2 rear gm delco replacement Mounts for $20 off ebay new in box.

and the boots where $7 each if I remember....at the parts store but then again this is 2 years ago...