clear euro tail lights

stlunatics2oo3

yeah i am wonderin where to get my hands on a set of them that is already built i mean i am building my own but they get tricky at times where you wanna just break them but if any one has info on that or would like to try there own euro tail lights i have the website with the instructions

Heh, Just don't get 'em, Clear tail lights don't look all that sweet on cutty's, or any other car for that matter, But I suppose that's just my opinion :? . But anyways, you should find a way to tint your tai lights :) That'd prolly look pretty fresh...especially on my car, since I have that big black piece of plastic.

So, yeah, If you change your mind and want to tint em, I think all you have to do is open them up and use tint in between the red lens and the plastic? (this is what I've been told)

And if this works, let me know :)

Heh, sorry I couldn't help.

-MaD-

Figures, I was told this by a beretta owner after I told him I liked the way his tail lights looked (are all beretta tail lights tinted, stock?), but since they didn't make covers for mine, I was gonna use nightshades, he was like "no, don't bother, blah blah blah" and he proceeded to tell me to use actual film tint, and open the tail lights, and so on, and so forth. It seemed extensive (the way he explained it anyways), and I was reluctant to do it because I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's extremely difficult to open these taill lights up and put em back together? Maybe I'm thinking of something else...

But um, do the sedans have the layer of clear plastic?

That'd be fresh, cause, I have a sedan :)

-MaD-

i saw some custom altezzas on a 88 model grand prix and they looked good. I was in line waiting to get into the track so I couldn't stop and ask the guy who made them. It also I guess had a built 2.3L H.0 motor well thats what the emblems said.

Probably someone over at ClubGP! I've seen someone on there had custom-made Altezza's, I think they were cleared out factory brake lights with trailer taillight lenses glued in covering the bulbs.

Looks :fruity: to me, but whatever floats yer boat!

Was it a 4-dr? I think the 4-dr's do have a clear plastic lens with the red part just being an insert.

2-drs don't share any rear end sheetmetal or plastic parts though, so 4-dr parts won't work on a 2-dr.

I'd just use Niteshades. Lots of people use it on the outside of lenses with no problems. I've heard it's not glossy though, so you might want to follow up with some clearcoat (lacquer clearcoat).

OR the Testor's tint spray at Wal-mart DOES dry glossy, but it's not as dark.

On a coupe? You just pull real hard and hope nothing breaks!!!

I think there may be a few snaps on the sides, but it is mostly held in by butyl tape (black gooey stuff). It's almost impossible to get brand new taillights apart, but older ones come apart more easily as the butyl has accumulated dirt and deteriorated.

Well, you can use a really sharp new, oiled razor blade to slice through the goo. And cut carefully. Then CAREFULLY separate the two.

...least that's MY assumption, it worked on that big piece of plastic on my trunk lid, and that was held on by the same type of glue/tape.

-MaD-

when i blacked out my tailights on my 95 cutty i spend a total of about 8 bucks....all i did was put a light coat of black spray paint on the outside of the tails, and when that is dry follow it up with a couple coats of clearcoat. I taped off 2 holes so you could still see the lights, but it looks pretty sick. One of my friends also did the same thing with his car exept he didn't put the cirlces in them and you can still see the lights fine...Its just a cheap way to make them look decent

i blacked out the tail lights on my 90 gp. but do yourself a favor and don't use spray on tint, i tried it with an extra set of tails i had laying around and it looked like poop. so instead, i took apart my other set of tails and sprayed the clear gridded part with spray paint. it looks pretty nasty, it's easy, and it's inexpensive.

Guest 96SupremeCuttySL
On the coupes, there's no layer of clear plastic, so you'd have to use tint spray on the outside. No biggie though, they make tint spray for that purpose (VHT Niteshades).

A frend of a friend of mine has an SVT Contour that he's done that to. It looks pretty good. His contour is actually one of the cleanest looking cars I've seen. I'll see if He's got a picture anywhere. . .