GP 5-spoke offset?

90TGP

The offset is 25mm 94-96 GP 5 stars
94-96 5 spokes +38 mm
I thought all 1st Gen's were +38mm. I seem to recall that the 2nd Gen's are +42mm...

If someone wants to host a file I can send a pic..

On one of the spokes on the inside it says OFF 25 in plain view

GP 5 stars and crosslaces are 25mm

Cutlass supreme 5 stars are 38mm

Regal GS rims are 38mm

all the others are probably 38mm too

And the 2nd gen 5stars are 52mm

Well I'll be damned, I guess you learn something new everyday.

Well here's a dumb question then: If I stick with a +38mm offset on a 17" wheel, I can safely go with a 235 wide tire without rubbing, correct? (235/50/17 to be exact...)

You can get away with running a 235 on a 6.5" wheel, its just not ideal, it won't corner as well, and with EXTREMELY sharp cornering you do run the risk of popping the tire off the wheel. A 7" wheel is definately something I would have with a 235 tire. However, my dad has his stock wheels on his GTP (16X6.5) and he has 245/50's on them and they are just fine and have been since he got them put on about 9-10 months ago. He also has 10.5" wide slicks on stock GTP 5 spokes (16X6.5) and has for about 2 years, no problems with those either.

Shawn

17" w/+38mm and 235/50r17 shouldn't rub. That's a little bit shorter and wider than 225/60r16. IF it rubs at all, it'll just rub that annoying plastic splash shield, which on a lot of W-bodies, rubs with stock tires!

As far as what tire width you can use, that depends on tire width and sidewall profile. I would check manufacturer specs for the acceptable range.

Thanks guys! Shawn, you are the master of W-Body wheels!!!

I'm actually taking the Regal's stock 205/70/15 (yeah, pathetic I know) to the 235/50/17, and according to PA Speedo the 205/70/15's are 26.29921 in diameter, and the 235/50/17's are 26.25196. The effects on the speedo are negligible (at 100 the speedo will read 99.82.) The wheels I'm buying are 7" wide, BTW...

For those of us without imagination, If you have a 94 Cutty with 38 offset 5 spoke wheels, and you replace them with 25 offset GP 5 spoke wheels....what will that look like? Vise versa for the GP??

Will the tires set further out of the wheel wells or deeper in?

I thought all gen 1 wheels were fully interchangable. I realize that yes they will all fit on the hubs, but what about the wells?

I have the luxury of Stock 14" wheels. Running 225/70's.

25 offset wheels will stick out 13mm more than 38 offset. That is, if the tire width is the same.

The smaller the offset, the more they stick out.

The bigger the ofset, the more tucked in they are.