Radio Unlock Read first

89GPSE

Hey,

I have seen how to unlock the theftlock radios before. I have seen the other posts( yes I searched first, rare I know ). But anyway when I hold down 2&3 nothing happens and if I try 1&4 still nothing. It is not a RDS stereo and the odd thing is this is also not a theftlock radio. But still I have LOC on the screen and can't do anytrhing about it. It is in my work van a 2005 Chevy Express. Thanks for any help.

-Justin

So far I have found that If I hold the power button in and turn the from off to on at the same time, LOC will stay on the screen while I put the key back to off. Then I dissconnencted the power to the radio and pluged it right back. Vwala I have a working radio.... Until I take the key out. then I am back at square one. LOC on screen nothing working. also I noticed that now when it go's from working to loc for a brief second it reads CAL. Im sure that means calibrate, but don't know anything from there because it is only on screen for under a second. Damn GM :bash:

if it is showing LOC, that usually means that it is locked up from someone trying the wrong code repeatedly. The way that GM says to fix this is to leave the radio on for about an hour. It should show SEC for you to be able to unlock it. BTW, you shoudn't have to press any buttons to be able to enter the code. Just use the HR and MN buttons. This is how to unlock a Theftlock radio though.

This is just a shot in the dark, but sometimes while swapping pcms, the "security" light will flash on the dashboard and the car won't start. This is the procedure for 97-02 w-bodys. You might need to do something similar.

OBDII with passlock

1 Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2 Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3 Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4 Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 10 seconds.

5 Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

IMPORTANT

The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6 Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password).

7 With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Try disconnecting the PCM and them plugging it back up and try the procedure above.