Pulsating breaks

sonyman87

the roters have yet to be turned b/c they are only a year old, the breakpads are only 4-6months old. Using the breaks i get a minor pulsation in the pedal. should i get my rotors turned or should i just ignor this.

Did you use "white box specials?" I can tell you that on FWD rotors, there isn't hardly enough beef on them to justify them being turned. When you factor in the cost of turning vs the price of new rotors, then you see that it's a waste of money even if the rotors can be turned.

Have you had your tires balanced lately? That could also cause a pulsation.

If the tires are balanced and the pulsing continues, then I say if you can stand it, wait until the pads are worn down to nothing before you replace the rotors...

I recently talked to an old man that's a retired GM mechanic. I was telling him how my brakes pulsating and makes a grinding sound.

He told me there is a mechanism in the rear brakes used when applying you’re emergency brake that get out of line when not in use. He said to use the emergency brakes, once a day just apply them lightly. Then resale 10-15 seconds after! I’ve been doing this for three weeks now! I still have some pulsating, but a lot less now than before.