capacitors

MoTox8410

I have a 3.2kW system in my car... With 170,000 miles on the car the alternator is just as good as when the car had 0 miles. My headlights use to dim like a mofo but then I installed a 2nd battery with dual posts in the trunk and wired it in parallel with my main battery (4ga from my main battery to top post of the battery in the trunk) and hooked up the amp to the sideposts and no matter how loud I turn it up theres no dimming headlights or voltage drop on my electrical meter for me! :D

I myself have done all of the above on my cutlass. I've been through 4 Alt, 3 Batteries an 4 years. I finallly got a bigger alt(137amp), red top, and did the big three with 4 guage. And even after that Istill had voltage drops at idle. I put in a 2 farad cap to distribute the power as well as dampin the strain on my alternator. And I have noticed a change. My vboltage doesnt drop as much or dance like it used to. But For a first step I would do the big three and the battery before the cap. you can see my setup here http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation/images/201_49.jpg