Aftermarket stereo question

louich

I don't have steering wheel controls on my gp but i know that there is an adaptor you can buy to make them work. I was also thinking a while back just incase i get a car with controls on how to make them work. My idea was this, since my deck came with a remote control , I would take it apart and solder wires from the remote to the stock controls. I'm not sure if this will work but its worth a shot.

if the aftermarket stereo has a remote, there's a product that plugs into your harness from your steering controls, then you point basically a small remote at your stereo. most people mount "the remote" on the side of their console. my local car electronics shop has these for about $80. i know this is gay but if you have no other choice....

i have the pac swi-x in the link above and i hooked it up and it works great. a little pricey but i got mine for christmas from my brother. i would do some research, im sure you could find one for cheaper. it works great, too, by the way.