having fun in my cutlass

justa6

that's great you can clean your car like the average person can. However, you can't see the effect doing that kinda worthless bullshit has on your car's internals!!! Moron...keep on trashing your car like an idot doing that stuff. :roll:

that kinda worthless bullshit

How is it worthless bullshit if he's having fun?

jebus :roll: these are only first gen w-bodies, don't get too exicted over beating on them...

i do have to say, it is hard to get the back end to whip out like that in these cars. a video of that pic would be great i bet!

Really? hmm, for that first shot, the E-brake was used, but i seem to think that these cars "float" on gravel and ice alot more than some others. usually i dont even use the e-brake to slide the car when it does slide. i just modulate the brake and gas pedal. i soppose though, driving on a frozen lake working on car control always helps :D . when it is really sidways and your wheels are turned into the slide, hit the gas. ive had the wheels completly locked int he opposite direction of the slide with my foot on the gas and pulled out of it. fwd is great when you figure out the slide technique. i would recomend using an open area in the winter, such as a parking lot, lake(thats safe), ect to figure it out. the gravel road i was on was wide and my friend that did the shot was standing a ways back from the road. i didnt want ot risk hitting her.

i did notice though that my olds seemed to slide more than my moms 96 GP (beofre the deer). im not sure why, but it felt "lgihter" than the GP did. that car seemed very stable on gravel and especially snow.

jebus :roll: these are only first gen w-bodies, don't get too exicted over beating on them...

exactly correct, if I am driving a nice ass car I treat it with respect but this is a very common car, hell there a a dozen of them for sale most newer/nicer than mine within 35 miles of me. very cheaply. Its like people getting upset when they scratch their car or something, yea, get pissed if the car is in awesome shape with good paint, but I have friends that have the mis colored body kits, or a random colored fender from an accident and they get pissed because of a scratch, whats the point? your car is not a single color so why get upset over a scratch.

fwd is great when you figure out the slide technique. i would recomend using an open area in the winter, such as a parking lot, lake(thats safe), ect to figure it out. the gravel road i was on was wide and my friend that did the shot was standing a ways back from the road. i didnt want ot risk hitting her.

i did notice though that my olds seemed to slide more than my moms 96 GP (beofre the deer). im not sure why, but it felt "lgihter" than the GP did. that car seemed very stable on gravel and especially snow.

I'd like to do some parking-lot ice kapades but I've had too many tickets in the last year to risk getting in more shit :oops:

i do have to say, it is hard to get the back end to whip out like that in these cars. a video of that pic would be great i bet!

Really? hmm, for that first shot, the E-brake was used, but i seem to think that these cars "float" on gravel and ice alot more than some others. usually i dont even use the e-brake to slide the car when it does slide. i just modulate the brake and gas pedal. i soppose though, driving on a frozen lake working on car control always helps :D . when it is really sidways and your wheels are turned into the slide, hit the gas. ive had the wheels completly locked int he opposite direction of the slide with my foot on the gas and pulled out of it. fwd is great when you figure out the slide technique. i would recomend using an open area in the winter, such as a parking lot, lake(thats safe), ect to figure it out. the gravel road i was on was wide and my friend that did the shot was standing a ways back from the road. i didnt want ot risk hitting her.

well, i've had my Cutlass in gravel before going rather quickly, and i really had to oversteer and crank the shit out of the steering wheel to get the back end to drift out.

i didn't touch the parking brake because i didn't want to lock up the rear wheels and possibly loose control.

again though that's a sweet pic, and don't let some people here get you down. have fun with these cars, if you destroy one, pick another one up for a grand :lol:

on gravel it also seems to depend on what the surface is like, I was having a ton of fun playing with my car on a gravel road that was ike 50-50 gravel and sand, but on gravel and mud combos the car seems to float more, it seems like I do not have as much control, the surfaces you are playing on have a ton to do with how the car will react.

yeah, good point, and the tires you have on it. my tires are getting pretty worn and need to be replaced soon. before the GP was totaled, the tires were really good on that and it didnt slide as MUCH but still slid alot. maybe its jsut about technique. i never am goign straight and whip the wheel hard one way or another, then it does push, but to get the backend out i usually will begin to turn without my foot on the gas, and when i hit the brakes, the wieght transfer will lift th ebackend up some and then i turn the wheel more. it seems to work real well to get the car to rotate, ive done it from snow to dry pavement (a couple times, wouldnt recomend it) and it alwyas seems to rotate well. go out and try it! just dont blame me if you wreck it! :wink:

rare color? all i seem to see is the blue ones!!!!! its a 94 that is totaly decked out except for the 3.4, sunroof, and cd player. my family got the car in 97 with 37,000 miles on it. that was at the end of my junior year (higschool.) well, my folks owend it till about 3 years ago when i got it. i needed a reliable car for college since my truck was pretty much done for. they were looking at cheap cars and mom decided that SHE should get a new car. so, i got the cutlass with 140,000 miles. i have since then racked up 206,000 miles on it total. about 170,000 miles a headgasket went :? and then about at 180,000 the tranny let go :x but since we had the headgaskets done, we decided to put a tranny in it. that shot was taken with OVER 200,000 miles on it.

the pic was done for a magazine shoot i was doing. it was an article abour driving. it was not saveable, but i had no intentions of saving it. all for the camera! but i have saved drifts that out of control before. its about hitting the gas at the right time

yes, thats my bike on top, i do bike alot. i bought the bike a couple years ago from a kid that had rod it a total of like 10 times. and it was all on paved trails. he payed over 600 for it and i took it from him for 225 :shock:

anyways, thats the history of the car. i liek the 4-doors better than the 2 doors (yeah, i know, im weird) but the 5-spoke wheels look soooo much better than the other ones IMO.

take care! i have some other shots to of the car (not as wacky though) that i can post too

I have that color too!

Does yours have black leather? Awesome combination :thumbsup:

exactly correct, if I am driving a nice ass car I treat it with respect but this is a very common car, hell there a a dozen of them for sale most newer/nicer than mine within 35 miles of me. very cheaply. Its like people getting upset when they scratch their car or something, yea, get pissed if the car is in awesome shape with good paint, but I have friends that have the mis colored body kits, or a random colored fender from an accident and they get pissed because of a scratch, whats the point? your car is not a single color so why get upset over a scratch.

excuse me for liking my car enough that I don't feel the need to beat her up and drag her through the mud for fun. If you wanna do that I'd get a dirt bike or something. I prefer to treat my car nicely and race her occasionally so that i'm certain that I'll always be able to get where i need to be.

The pics this guy posted were classy...your mud pictures are simply stupid and pointless.

my car is nice and all, but like 93cutlass supreme said, why not flog it until it dies then go buy another for 1k? Hell theres a nice as monte 3.4 for sale local for 2k with 60 someodd thousand miles on it. Its not a sports car, its cheap transportation, gets me where I need to go, its my dailly driver, I have put 16,000 miles on it in the past 7-8 months, hella good car, but whats the pont of having a cheap used car if you cannot have fun with it sometimes, and yes my pics are pointless, thats the point genious, not every w-body owner is going to baby the hell out of a 12 year old car. To each his own.

edit: and looking at your cardomain page, my cars in fucking better shape cosmetically, so don't piss on me, my wheels have all their clearcoat intact.

yah I was just having some fun on the way home on snow-packed side streets and my e-brake. LOL. Fuck it, she can handle it. But I think the plow truck thought I was just unable to drive in snow. yeah...

edit: and looking at your cardomain page, my cars in fucking better shape cosmetically, so don't piss on me, my wheels have all their clearcoat intact.

hey you know what dude go fuck yourself...seriously die. I highly doubt overall your car is in better condition. Yea so what my rims are suffering because the previous owner my grandmother never cleaned them off or anything from all the salty pa winters when she had the car for 8 years when it sat outside. I have managed to more than stop any further degradation of my car thank-you very much. While you on the other hand encourage it...

and by the way your insults to my cutty are totally unwaranted as I never said anything negative about yours. I simply said what you were doing to it was stupid.