This would look good in the ashtray spot on a Cutty.

Intlcutlass

Yes it would, and the display color even matches. :)

Although I think it would be better to somehow reprogram the trip computer so that it could display that under "GAGES".

Right now I have a Whistler remote radar detector in the ashtray, looks pretty cool.

I would imagine that reprogramming the DIC would be a nightmare (or at least difficult), plus the fact you would need to add a recveiver for the sensors. I would like to see this to show all the info on the car at the same time without toggling from screen to screen.

I'd like to see your radar detector installed in there though, that would look cool.....

I have my radar detector on the glass just to the right of the hud and hard wired into the car. When it starts beeping, because my speed is displayed an inch or so from where the hud display is, I know in a 10th of a second how fast i'm going......

Hey, did you win that HUD Shawn?

Did you install it yet...?

I would like to compliment you on both the web site and this msg brd. If people like you had not been around to help me from time to time, I would not have a HUD or steering wheel controls.

Yeah, it's nice to have more info at the same time... just that tire pressure isn't something I need to look at constantly, but that's just me. Heck, I don't even check my tire pressure but once every 3 months or so. :)

Yep, I won the HUD and got the guy to get me the upper dash pad, wiring pigtails, controller, and all the goodies.

I have all the wiring done above the dash, and just dismantled the sport pod to get the indash wiring done. I can't wait to get it installed, but I haven't had much time thanks to work. :(

I might put HUD in the 94 convertible too. I discovered the 91-94 CS and 91-93 GP HUD are identical except for the top cover of the pod. I'm thinking maybe I can put the cover from the CS HUD in a mold and cast a duplicate of it to put on my GP HUD. That is, unless I can find another 91-94 CS HUD to begin with, but they are extremely rare, even more rare than 88-90 HUDs.

So i think my friend that bought 2 monts ago a 92 CS International with HUD was a very lucky one since i hear that 91-94 are so rare, but i got to say that 88-90 HUD is better looking and has sharper looking digits then his in 92.

The pics I saw of the 88-90 HUD I didn't like. It was huge and tall, and more square-shaped.

Could be it's not as sharp, because the 91-94 HUDs have plastic lenses while 88-90 are glass, but I was more concerned about the physical appearance of the HUD on the dash.

$199 from dakota digital

But I REALLY want to find a way to incorperate the overhead console out of a new 300m. It's almost impossible though just due to the difference between the computers.

PSI_p.jpg

yes , they are in the tires, but on the overhead console system from dodge/crysler, if the menu function does not work, then the psi menu will not come up. There is probably a way to defete this, but the system is expensive enough that if I had one, I would not want to risk roaching the thing. Perhaps if our j/y go-ers keep an eye peeled for a fresh car, we might be able to experiment some. The sensors brand new are $14.00 from Johnson controls, so that part of the system wouldn't be an issue.

My Parrents have a info cluster like that in their 2002 Dodge Intrepid. I think its actually more complex, not sure. the display is much nicer too.

Jon

PS - I got a bottle of Stetson in my ashtray! Cant have radar detectors in cars in VA

What else does the Chrysler computer in the OH console display?

I'll bet the thing runs on a serial data bus specific to Chrysler if they're anything like GM. How nice is it? Doesn't look that nice in that tiny pic, but it's a tiny pic after all.

FIrst, the actually display looks sharper than that, but Still LCD.

From what I remember, it stores milage, how many more mils you can go on your tank, temps, mpg, and some stuff I cant remember off the top of my head. The actually unit also can be programed to allow you to open a garrage door.

Ill post more if i missed it and find out

jon

my friend's sister just got a 98 Lincoln Navigator.....God I love that thing...cept that it's a Ford!!! and it has the OH console too with functions like MPG, and avg mpg...KM/Miles till empty, stuff like that......i assume it's much like the Dis on the cutty but it's up where all the passengers can see it so it's kinda cool......that and that there's buckets in the middle and a bench in the back, but it's like the seats are higher in the back......anyway i'm gonna shut up before i get carried away.......

Those VFD displays are nice.. They are more durable and temperature resistant than backlit Lcd's.. Plus they are much brighter. I recently bought one that is graphic-based (128x64) for the custom mp3 player system I'm building for my car. The advantage of these things is you can pretty much do anything with them (display any type of information as long as you can pass it on in digital form).. The downside is you gotta know a thing or two about electronics and microcontrollers inorder to really take advantage of them. I'm guessing those tire sensors probably put out somekind of analog signal.. You can build a simple controller board with a PIC chip to take that signal, scale it digitally according to the sensor specs and pass that information on to your display in the form of text, graphics or both (maybe a bargraph, etc).

BTW, I think in the US all 2003 models have to come with somekind of Tire Pressure Monitering system. I don't know if this mandate has kicked in yet but don't be suprised to see them more often in newer cars.

I'd like to see your radar detector installed in there though, that would look cool.....

Here's my radar detector install.

IMGP0450.JPG

The ashtray is locked in place so it can't be opened, which was necessary because the radar detector is big enough that it required me to push up the retention spring so IF the ashtray could open, it'd slide completely out!

The gray woodgrain or whatever it is on the ashtray is a bit messed up because it's an ashtray that Dave (Gearhead34) got for me at a junkyard and it wasn't in the best shape. I didn't have the nerve to cut up the original ashtray because no telling if I ever want to move the detector.

This is as far as I got, I haven't installed the underhood antenna unit yet because I want to devise a custom bracket so I don't have to drill holes.

Yeah, it sure is ugly without that blue filter. GM and their infinite cheapness. Did they start omitting the filter in 92? Didn't you have a broken climate control you were gonna send me? :wink:

AH crap yeah I was going to send it with the other stuff. It was 93-94 when they changed the CC so I think I have a decent face somewhere. I was going to wait till I visit that vert at the junkyard, I might go next weekend. PM me :)