cheapest way to lower my rear end

rudefyet

.......you pick out the two biggest rednecks (no offense Kevin, I think you are a very nice guy) on the board and use them as a standard???

It is pretty commonly assumed that if you are asking about an appearance mod and Kevin likes it, you probably shouldn't do it :D :D (i.e. - redneck side pipe exhaust) and if Kevin hates it, then you should probably do it and it will look tits (lowering your car)

Hahahah......you know, you're right.

Sometimes I wonder about this forum..........you'd swear you guys are driving Grandma around. No one wants to drive faster than 107 mph......and no one wants their car lowered. While you can go overboard, the factory ride does give you wheel gap big enough so that small children can hide in the rain.

Driving over 100 is just stupid... but then I'm 28, practically the old fogie of the forum.

I've lowered my car, and I'm still not satisfied. The ass end has too much gap, and I wouldn't object to less gap in the front either. Not to mention I feel like I still have excessive ground clearance. I guess I just want my car to look like something it's not - an expensive European sport-luxury coupe... although just because it's just a cheap ol' domestic isn't going to stop me from trying!

.......you pick out the two biggest rednecks (no offense Kevin, I think you are a very nice guy) on the board and use them as a standard???

It is pretty commonly assumed that if you are asking about an appearance mod and Kevin likes it, you probably shouldn't do it (i.e. - redneck side pipe exhaust) and if Kevin hates it, then you should probably do it and it will look tits (lowering your car)

:withstupid: <-- I fully agree with everything quoted above. :lol:

Are there adjustment bolts at the ends of the spring? C5's also have transverse leaf springs. They can be lowered by either tightening the end bolts(front end) or loosening bolts(rear end). And if you want more of a drop, you trim the bushings that the bolts go through.

MonteCarloChick and 93CutlassSupreme don't. :P

I also don't understand the concept of putting on a larger tire......then it looks like the floater trucks that put on lime here in the fall. Plus, a taller tire screws up the speedometer.

I'm assuming you have 215/65/15s.......225/60/16s are 0.6" taller. Personally, I would (and I have) opt for the 245/50/16, sure, it is actually shorter than the 15s, but 245s simply look cool on the big ol boat.

It is pretty commonly assumed that if you are asking about an appearance mod and Kevin likes it, you probably shouldn't do it :D :D (i.e. - redneck side pipe exhaust) and if Kevin hates it, then you should probably do it and it will look tits (lowering your car)

Did I say I didn't want my car lowered? Ummm no... I asked why he wanted it lowered. I'd love to lower mine a little bit since you can fit small children in my wheel gap... :cry: And yee fucking haw to the redneck comment....better than being ricey is all I have to say.

MonteCarloChick and 93CutlassSupreme don't. :P

I also don't understand the concept of putting on a larger tire......then it looks like the floater trucks that put on lime here in the fall. Plus, a taller tire screws up the speedometer.

I'm assuming you have 215/65/15s.......225/60/16s are 0.6" taller. Personally, I would (and I have) opt for the 245/50/16, sure, it is actually shorter than the 15s, but 245s simply look cool on the big ol boat.

:smilielol: i will agree that i have different tastes than most people. no offense taken.

i still wouldn't lower it though

that damn thing is up in the air more then some trucks i know.

if it wasn't so high up i would say just put a lot of weight in the trunk like a big ass sound system but it is too high.

I lowered both of my GPs but just putting my subs in the trunk. about .5" or more each. It was more on my 95.

• 2 months later...
but then I'm 28, practically the old fogie of the forum.

Watch it buddy!!! :nono:

J/K (I'm 34)

:lol2: I didn't say I was the old fogie of the forum, just "practically". I wouldn't want to take your title away from you. :read:

:lol: :joke:

BTW, I'm 29 now, that was an old quote!

Sometimes I wonder about this forum..........you'd swear you guys are driving Grandma around. No one wants to drive faster than 107 mph......and no one wants their car lowered. While you can go overboard, the factory ride does give you wheel gap big enough so that small children can hide in the rain.

If we had the aftermarket support like the Civic, or even a lesser import, some of our cars would probably be slammed or on air ride.

My got lowered by 4" I think when the rear struts broke through the mounts :naughty: it was actually pretty swift, except for the little thing of everytime I hit a bump it sounded like a bomb going off in the trunk. The top of the struts were bashing against the rear deck. and I had to spray them withwd-40 or they squeaked like hell.

I evently got kyb gr2s

take my monoleaf. <b>my car sags like a mofo</b>

Lol, sounds like my Lumina, ass end is way lower then the front, and when you have people in the back the top of the rear tires are buried in the fender wells lol!

- Jeff L.