• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carotop

• 93CutlassSupreme

• gp90se

• 95 3-4

Thats what I thought. I guess I just wanna know if there are any performance ones out there. I could end up doin it this summer.

performance cams are out there, but i don't think the performance gains would be worth the work pulling the engine, unless you pulled it out for other reasons and put the cam in while it was out

Maybe I'll say I'm pullin it to put a new cam in and then bam L67 pwnage

honestly, i'd be surprised if you did a L67 swap. i'd be surprised if you pulled the engine. by yourself.

Well I might do it I might not ya never know. It all depends on the money flow. Do you know where I could find cams and valves and springs and just plain valvetrain stuff?

Well I might do it I might not ya never know. It all depends on the money flow. Do you know where I could find cams and valves and springs and just plain valvetrain stuff?

if you don't know where to find parts, how are you going to remove a car's engine, install another engine, and custom wire it?

There are several companies that make cams for the 3.1

Comp Cams makes 2 or 3

Crane makes 2

Crower makes 3

Edelbrock makes 1

Lunati makes 2

GM Performance parts sells 2, but they are the Crane Cams.

If you have a 3100 this may be iffy, because when I was looking for a cam, I looked for ones that would fit a 3.1/2.8 60 degree V6, these cams are pretty common. I'm not sure if the valvetrain changed between the 3.1 -3100, it might use different lifters, or they might all be hydraulic.

As for Lifters, Valve springs, and valves, check

http://www.mantapart.com

they are a little pricey, but make a crap load of GM performance parts that other companies won't touch

the 3400 and 2000+ 3100's use roller rockers....best bet for that would be to get a set of heads and the intake off a 3400 and put on your car (they also have larger exhaust ports, gives a little more power)

also you can use LS1 valve springs on it, but you have do a little drilling

some of the guys over at 60v6 may be able to get you lighter valves and pushrods for your 3.1 too

S10???? Well I would but I have no money. Hopefully in the spring I'll be gettin an old Jetta. Or I might be doin project Oldstastic or whatever name I come up with. Gimme some ides. Project Old Shit?

Guest TurboSedan

honestly, i'd be surprised if you did a L67 swap. i'd be surprised if you pulled the engine. by yourself.

give the guy a break Kevin. is he just supposed to know all this stuff without asking questions? that's what this forum is for after all. and you CAN replace the cam without removing the engine....did you see dbtk's pics?

pulling an engine from a W-body is SOOOO freakin' easy. it sounds way harder than it really is. it's intimidating, sure. but most people would be surprised how easy it is if they actually did it. have you ever pulled the engine from your Cutlass Kevin? yeah that's what i thought :roll: if you aren't going to help him out just keep out of the thread.

give the guy a break Kevin. is he just supposed to know all this stuff without asking questions? that's what this forum is for after all. and you CAN replace the cam without removing the engine....did you see dbtk's pics?

pulling an engine from a W-body is SOOOO freakin' easy. it sounds way harder than it really is. it's intimidating, sure. but most people would be surprised how easy it is if they actually did it. have you ever pulled the engine from your Cutlass Kevin? yeah that's what i thought :roll: if you aren't going to help him out just keep out of the thread.

i'd like to see dbtk's pics....anyways, like i said, i don't see how somebody who doesn't know where to get a cam has the skills to do major engine work.

did i say i'm a master mechanic? did i say i'm a master at pulling engines? no. like i've said to others before, quit making shit up and quit trying to put words in my mouth. :roll:

Hey I don't know where to find everything because alot of things become dead ends and I know theres at least a couple that know of good products that are out there and thats why I asked where to find some parts because I don't know myself what works and what doesn't. Also I think with enough instruction, tips and the right tools I could pull my engine.

How do you pull a cam in a w body without removing engine? I'm guessing a 3" holesaw to the inner fender :lol:

:werd: i said the exact same thing....

Not a bad tacti, I rather do that then grind off that huge boss to get the oil pump drive out of a 3.4, course I would never grind that off I would do it right, and look at the wear in the jugs. My 95 Cougar jugs showed no wear and still had cross hatch in them when I opened it up at 112k, nother junk V6 headgasket eater..........That car ran good and to think i traded it away for a thrashy 95 Gtp :( Which I promptly sold to my brother to get another real rwd car :wink: