wipers are not working right. any idea how to fix them

Goph

Ok, i got this car 2 weeks ago and never used the wipers tell today other then to turn them on and then right off one time.

when i turn them on to any position where they are not constantly moving they stop straight up and down almost and not at the bottom of the windshield.

it is some what hard to explain but i hope you got some idea what I'm talking about. if i can tomorrow i may get a video up to show what I'm talking about.

Does anyone have a idea how to fix them so they stop at the bottom of the windshield and not at in my line of view.

Edit: when i turn them off they got to the correct position.

So are you saying that when you use the Delay, they come on or at least act like it but don't do anything?

they do work. they will make one full sweep of the windshield but they always stop up and down not near the bottom of the windshield.

well...since mine are the ones that go from the middle out..i'm sure everyone knows what i'm talkin about...i just don't know exactly what their called...anywayz...when mine are on delay...the drivers side stops pretty far up...and, from what i've seen on other cars with the same wipers, thats where its supposed to be... :roll: ...maybe i'm just not understanding :shrug:

Yeah the cutty's are different. The gp ones are set-up where they are both at the bottom and go right to left.

actually, all first gen w-bodies have the "euro-style" wipers, from what i've seen. i haven't been around many regals, but all first-gen CS, GP, and Luminas have had those wipers.

Yeah the cutty's are different. The gp ones are set-up where they are both at the bottom and go right to left.

actually, all first gen w-bodies have the "euro-style" wipers, from what i've seen. i haven't been around many regals, but all first-gen CS, GP, and Luminas have had those wipers.

YEAH...and his sig says 95 GRAND PRIX...even though the pic is a '97-'03...so, i guess the REAL question we need to know is...what car does he have!? :roll:

YEAH...and his sig says 95 GRAND PRIX...even though the pic is a '97-'03...so, i guess the REAL question we need to know is...what car does he have!? :roll:

damn, it does still say that. :oops:

it is a 2000 GP

There are only 2 possibilities:

1. The wiper switch (which, I believe on the 97-03's are integral to the turn signal switch, but much much easier to remove than the 88-96's)

2. The wiper motor itself, which has an integral "Wiper Control Module."

I would try replacing the switch first, as I'm about 75% sure that would be what's causing the problem.

BTW, the term you guys are looking for is "Depressed Park." That is where the wipers "tuck down under the cowl" when you shut them off, but hover above the cowl when they're cycling or in delay mode...

but hover above the cowl when they're cycling or in delay mode...

Yea thats exactly what mine do. I thought it was wierd at first but now im just used to it. And it barely rains here at all.

Yea thats exactly what mine do. I thought it was wierd at first but now im just used to it. And it barely rains here at all.

you live in the ideal climate.

a car out there will last for 30 years and still have a perfect body

Yeah, that passenger side wiper that just sits there in the middle of the window when you have the delay wipers on gets pretty annoying at times. The "normal" wipers that are in our Loomie are lightning fast compared to my other 2 W's with the "Euro" wipers...

Yea I know. You vary rarely see a rust bucket here. The body in my Regal is in perfect condition.

Yea I know. You vary rarely see a rust bucket here. The body in my Regal is in perfect condition.

yup, when i go to Las Vegas i'll see like a 1977 F150 at a used-car dealer and it will look like brand new.

Yeah, that passenger side wiper that just sits there in the middle of the window when you have the delay wipers on gets pretty annoying at times. The "normal" wipers that are in our Loomie are lightning fast compared to my other 2 W's with the "Euro" wipers...

the Euro wipers leave a bigass area of the winshiled unwiped too

yup, when i go to Las Vegas i'll see like a 1977 F150 at a used-car dealer and it will look like brand new.

Yea my uncle told me on the East coast there is a ton more rust in cars than on the west.

Yea my uncle told me on the East coast there is a ton more rust in cars than on the west.

no shit. winter salt tears up cars

no shit. winter salt tears up cars

Yeah it does, my 2000 has more rust on it in just one panel then what my 95 did in just on the whole car it self. but i got it fixed that i know of for the rust shit. damn New York cars.

I will have to play around with them at auto tech and see what i can come up with as far as what part is bad.

Sounds to me like the park arm is broken or missaligned with the tab on the wiper transmission. Don't think it's the motor or the switch, never seen a problem with the motors, but I have replaced quite a few park arms. It's a little gold color item bolted to the motor. It needs to be timed in order for the wipers to work correctly.