wierd vibrations! UPDATE!

HokemBokem

I just got back from a drive and on the city roads everything seems allright, but when i get on the smooth freeway and start going 60+ i feel some vibrations. It feels like its one of my tires on the right side of the car but i cant see any lumps or sighn of damage. What could this be?

First thing to check would be the lug nuts. Be sure they're tight. If they're fine, your tires most likely need to be balanced. (Or possibly a bent rim...)

I mention the lug nuts since you have alloy wheels and you just had your wheels off for a brake job. Sometimes with alloys you need to retorque the lugs a couple days after you put the wheels back on. I found that if you coat the lug studs with Anti-Sieze compound, the lugs never work loose as long as you tighten them with the lug wrench by hand (in a "star" sequence) with the car on the ground...

on any car, you're always supposted to have your best tires on the back

Why is that? I thought since i had front wheel drive the better ones should be up front???

Why is that? I thought since i had front wheel drive the better ones should be up front???

on fwd cars, the better tires go on front. you need the better traction for your drive/steering wheels. you put your better tires on back when you have rwd.

on fwd cars, the better tires go on front. you need the better traction for your drive/steering wheels. you put your better tires on back when you have rwd.

yea thats what i thought and thats why my 2 new tires are on the front.

i just got back from another drive and i thing its getting worse. I called an alignment place and discount tire. The alignment place said the car not being aligned wont make it shake. I dont know what it is and its really pissin me off :x It feels like a tires gonna blow out or somethin

best tires on the front with a FWD car, dont beleive everything you see written down, the person writing it could be just as stupid.

Sounds like it may be a loose lug if its getting worse that fast. Also have your tires balenced.

Winters coming it might be a good idea to replace those to worn rears.

Every tire shop I've been to has said the same thing. They always say its because fish-tailing or spinning out is worse than not having enough drive wheel traction. I disagree because w-bodies are so damn front heavy they're almost impossible to spin without using the e-brake, so rear tire traction is not a concern to me.

check along the edges of the tread on the inside and outside of the tire

my car had a bad vibration only to find the tread was seperating from the tire along the outer edge

check along the edges of the tread on the inside and outside of the tire

my car had a bad vibration only to find the tread was seperating from the tire along the outer edge

Ive also heard this and im getting two new tires tommorow, so i will have all new tires

i get a slight shimmy in my front end as well only going at a certain speed. its your tie-rods (sp?). most places will fix them for 150-200$ check your tires...if they have a slightly extened wear on the side, like where it doesnt hit the ground, thats probably it. any questions, just pm me.

Every tire shop I've been to has said the same thing. They always say its because fish-tailing or spinning out is worse than not having enough drive wheel traction. I disagree because w-bodies are so damn front heavy they're almost impossible to spin without using the e-brake, so rear tire traction is not a concern to me.

that's what i've heard

So yesterday i went on my hour drive to Big O for 2 new back tires. Since my mom knew the guy I got 2 new tires, them balanced and rotated for 80 dollars :shock: At any other tire place i would have spent 80-90 bucks just for 1 tire. Now the car is riding a lot smoother and everything seems fine. The guy told me that if the sidewalls of the tire start wearing away it can cause shaky driving.