Windshield got smash served

supreme_style21

An oncoming semi blew out a tire just as he passed me yesterday. I was suprised flying rubber could do this!

Damn thing bows like a mofo now.

Edit - $1,700 to replace :shock:

100_1400.JPG

100_1408.JPG

Guest BeausoleilRacing

Have had that happen to me too. Fortunately, I had a passenger along and he was a witness, after speaking (took some harsh words) with the trucking company, they replaced the windsheild.

Nah.. this fucker kept driving. I have a problem with road rage, so I bit my tongue and continued driving, rather than turning around, chasing him down, and probably smashing something on his truck.

I've got full glass with no deductable, so I'm not too worried.

I'm surprised you didn't get hit with a beet. Good thing you had glass, if it came down to it and you didn't have it we could have tried to pull the shield out of the convertible.

I'm surprised you didn't get hit with a beet. Good thing you had glass, if it came down to it and you didn't have it we could have tried to pull the shield out of the convertible.

No doubt. I JUST put full glass on it a little over a month ago.

:? I roared thru the construction downtown and hit a hell of a pothole.. the window frickin exploded when I did that! I'll have to take a new picture.

Holeeee Shit that's a huge gash (no pun intended :lol: )!! So it costs around $1700 to replace the frickin' windshield on a W? Fuck that, I'm putting glass coverage on my cars ASAP after hearing that :!:

A goddam pebble that was bouncing on the highway like a superball (kicked up by a semi) nicked my windshield last week. I'm sure this winter it'll start cracking like a mofo, so I damn well better get glass coverage!!!

you're lucky you didnt get hurt. i got hit in my old crown vic with a 6" diameter rock off a dump truck on the highway going 65. the rock came through, sent the rearview hard into my chest, rock just missed killing me, but sent a ton of glass chardes into my eyes.

$1700 for a windshield? WTF? It's like $180-300 here, installed. New.

i was gonna post the same thing.

sounds like somebody got raped or fed a line of bull shit.

HUD windshield. Insurance pays for it, so I'm not arguing with the price.

There's glass shards all over the car.. don't really know where they all came from. Had a bunch in my right hand I discovered last night. I think you can still see a bunch of glass all over the dash in one of the pics.

The mirror would have hit me if it wasn't for the cord attached to it.

I've priced HUD windshields too, the glass was at most an additional $100. But hey at least the insurance covers it, just hope your rates don't go up from such a charge though.

I've priced HUD windshields too, the glass was at most an additional $100. But hey at least the insurance covers it, just hope your rates don't go up from such a charge though.

I have no idea.. this is what I was quoted from several places, so I assume it to be the going rate around here. My insurance won't be going up either. Glass and comprehensive claims have no effect on my premium. In the past few years, I've had close to 10k in comprehensive payments. Made no difference in my premium.

Edit: That would actually be 1400 dollarsmore.. Seeing as how he was gonna do standard 300 dollar glass.. hes going w/ 1700 dollar HUD glass.. 1700 minus 300 is 1400.. lol.. jk..

Pics of the expoded glass!! Thos pics would fuckin kick ass to see!