wheel balancing? alignment? Both?

THe_DeTAiL3R

I've noticed lately going over 60mph or so the steering wheel shakes. It shakes more the faster you go.

I had an alignment done, but this was before the wheel bearing was replaced... do I need to get it aligned again?

My wheels (the front anyways) I've had polished and I've painted them, wheel weights removed so I know they need to be balanced anyways, but I'm wondering if that can really have such an effect when driving? I don't remember the wheel shaking before the hub got replaced, but then again it was very loud so I might not have paid attention at the time.

My car also did this, it would shake terribly just driving down the road, then I noticed a golf ball sized lump in my tire :lol: I got that fixed and now its all good, now my car only shakes when I hit the brakes

Took it to Walmart for balancing..(only thing open on Sunday and I have no time during the week for those who were wondering) turned out the one tire had a bulge it in causing the whole thing to wiggle when it turned. So I just got a cheap ass $85 tire installed and its fine now. stupid moneypit!! :cuss:

You really shouldn't have two different tires on the same axle.

I know, especially in the front. I will rotate them to the back as soon as I can. I drove my 88 around since I had it with 2 different tires in the back which never caused any problems..