lack of powersteering

crazychuck29

i've heard that it gets you like 10 horsepower....but at the same time i've heard that car that have powersteering if you take it off is worse than a car that never had it to begin with...i'm not gonna do this mod i jus wondered if that was a fact or a myth..i personally love my powersteering to much to get rid of it even for 10 hp

Why not just get an underdrive crank pulley? It will still let you use your power steering, as well as your other accessories and it will show just as much or more gains. By making the crank pulley smaller in diameter, it's job of turning all the accessories is made easier resulting in more power to the wheels instead of to the accessories.

Later, John

yeha just remember that if u have a relatively large audio system, less power would be delivered to your amp(s) by the alternator causing more stress on your battery if u installed an underdrive pulley. this is because the belt wouldn't be turning quite as fast on the alternator pulley.