One rare SOB

NORBI

I want that thing SOOOOO bad, it is like my dream W-Body. How quick were those suckers?

-Tom

i've seen stock times of a W41(190hp) Quad 4 : 14.7 1/4mile

not too sure on the HO(180hp) times.

Guest TurboSedan
I want that thing SOOOOO bad, it is like my dream W-Body. How quick were those suckers?

-Tom

i got my HUD from a '90 International coupe with the Quad-4/5-speed, and at the same yard there was a '90 International Sedan with the same engine/trans (the sedan is already gone damit). Tom are you still looking around for 5-speed parts? i can easily find all the small parts you'd need for a Getrag 5-speed swap. i can get the Getrag 282 also (from a 2.8 '88 GP), but i doubt you'd want to pay shipping on that.

joshua

I am not sure about this, but one of my friend that has a 5-speed Cutlass said that you can not use the 4-cyl tranny on a v-6, so that tranny would only be good for putting it onto another 4-cyl cutty, otherwise, you could take the 5-speed tranny from a grand am, or a beretta 4-cyl to do the swap. I know that the 5-speed tranny from the 2.8/3.1 V6 cavaliers, Grand Am, and Beretta are the same as the ones that were put into the Cutlass, but from what I hear, the 4-cyl has a differant bellhousing.

Taylor

Guest TurboSedan
I am not sure about this, but one of my friend that has a 5-speed Cutlass said that you can not use the 4-cyl tranny on a v-6, so that tranny would only be good for putting it onto another 4-cyl cutty, otherwise, you could take the 5-speed tranny from a grand am, or a beretta 4-cyl to do the swap. I know that the 5-speed tranny from the 2.8/3.1 V6 cavaliers, Grand Am, and Beretta are the same as the ones that were put into the Cutlass, but from what I hear, the 4-cyl has a differant bellhousing.

Taylor

yes i know. that's why i mentioned that if he wanted the tranny itself that it would come from an '88 Grand Prix with a 2.8 (and associated intermediate shaft, slave cylinder etc.). alot of the other parts like clutch master cylinder, pedals, shifter etc. can just as easily come from any 5-speed W-body.

joshua

joshua

om are you still looking around for 5-speed parts? i can easily find all the small parts you'd need for a Getrag 5-speed swap. i can get the Getrag 282 also (from a 2.8 '88 GP), but i doubt you'd want to pay shipping on that.

joshua

Yes I am actively looking for 5-speed swap parts, and if you could send me what I need I would pay shipping. I got in touch with intlcutlass about some stuff but havent heard anything from him. Get in touch with me about what the story is so that we can get the ball rolling. Dependent on the shipping, I MAY just be willing to payu it for the tranny itself. The other parts, particulalry the intermediate shaft, I DEFINETELY want and will definetely pay shipping for (as well as whatever the cost of parts are). Get in touch with me Joshua

-Tom

drawing on memory here (OH GOD HELP US ALL) I want to say that some of the shafts are longer, or shorter, the ends are differant going into the tranny, and the mounting locations where it attaches to the motor. There are 3 differant ones for the w-body. The 4-cyl, the 2.8/3.1, and the 3.4 All of them have differant part numbers, and they are not interchangable. This is the intermediate shaft that goes from the passenger side axel to the tranny, not the steering intermediate shaft. That is the argument that I was having with a the delership over a year ago.

Taylor