please look... pinstriping

taylerade

i need opinions... do i REMOVE the red pinstriping all around? (look below for webpage link)  

1. 1. i need opinions... do i REMOVE the red pinstriping all around? (look below for webpage link)

removing the pinstrip (red), and the chrome strip from my car was the best thing that I ever did. It really helped to clean up the exterior (that, and removing the bump strip that most Cutlass's got).

Taylor

I dont know. I'm undecided. It does look a little cleaner, but the red stripe does look good too. I guess it all depends on what you're into. I hate pinstriping but I think the stripe that is 1/2 inch above the cutlass international ground effects looks good.

yeah, I agree with that. My 89 international was BLACK with SILVER GFX, and it had the silver pinstripe, and I liked it, but my 88 is GOLD and it had a RED pinstripe that was where the top of the fender starts to curve up to the top of the car, and I thought that it looked like crap.

Taylor

shit. i'm still undecided. thanks for all your opinions. i agree red pinstriping looks terrible on most cars, but on maui blue, it looks *unique*. i do realize it will undoubtedly look cleaner, not to mention "newer", without the pinstripe...

i know i know i'm making such a fuss about something not so significant. but when it comes to our babies, i guess everything's signficant!

cant wait to see what it looks like after i install the front lowering springs tomorrow morning. just in time for my 600 mile trip to vegas for NYE. Happy New Year, guys!

Your car is one of them that looks good both WITH, and WITHOUT it. If it was higher like mine was, it would be better without it, but it is just really up to you. As to how the car will look with lower spring, I changed out the front of mine, and it made a DRAMATIC differance (the original front springs were 3 inches higher, and had 3 more coils that the FUX springs from the FE3 cars that I put in). Although the front of the car is not that much lower, it now looks LEVEL instead of looking like the ass of the car is dragging.

Taylor