lug nuts...

GTPrix

As far as torque specs I think its around 80ft/lbs

back of my owner's manual's showing 100 ft-lbs. But from the sounds of it that's not what he wants.

100 is too much... how are you gonna change that on the side of the road... i go with 80. never had a wheel come off so far so im stickin with it

100 is what is recommened. if you're not a woman or a total weak ass, the tire iron that comes with the car, or ANY breaker bar provides more than enough leverage to remove a lug nut at 100 lb ft

100 is too much... how are you gonna change that on the side of the road... i go with 80. never had a wheel come off so far so im stickin with it

100 is factory spec. NO LESS. Period.

i understand the 100 but the last time i broke the lug nuts loose after i got a new set of tires i twisted the connector on the breaker bar i used. 100 is what the factory recommends so 100 is what i will do

If you're that wimpy, buy a 12V electric impact wrench that runs off your cig lighter for $20 from Harbor Freight. I have one. It's probably the slowest impact in the world, but it actually works great. I use it for pretty much everything. Best $20 I've ever spent.

100 ft pounds is a good rule of thumb for any car. Overtightning them can create serious problems though. I've seen wheels that were warped from over tightning as well as wheel studs that have been striped in the hub allowing them to free turn. Allways make sure you use the right style lug nut for your wheel too. You can mess up some wheels by using the wrong nut.

Not true. IF the company that makes youre wheels suggests a lower torque spec, than use it. Some al. wheels require less torque.

Not true. IF the company that makes youre wheels suggests a lower torque spec, than use it. Some al. wheels require less torque.

That makes sense to me. I bet that some expensive aftermarket wheels use less. Anyways if anything make sure they are all torqued the same and don't use an impact gun cause that can warp your rotors.

That makes sense to me. I bet that some expensive aftermarket wheels use less. Anyways if anything make sure they are all torqued the same and don't use an impact gun cause that can warp your rotors.

Makes sense. I guess I was referring more to the OEM wheels anyway.