Is it possible to LOAD TEST a BATTERY myself?

gmrulz4u

i also have no autozone near me, but there are two places in town here who load test alt's. the one also does batts. of course if it is bad they try to sell you one of theirs.

so i say hit your yellow pages.

i do believe there are testers to check the acidity of the individual cells in a batt. provided you have access to the cells.

Monty

You can try this. I've done it this way before.

Make sure the battery is fully charged (or else the test results are meaningless).

Hook up a volt meter across the battery. An analog meter is preferable in this case.

Crank over the engine and observe the volt meter. If the meter drops below about 10 volts, the battery sucks.

Stick a wrench between the two posts and if it gets hot and explodes it was bad.

P.S. Don't stick a wrench bet. the posts. OK?

Also, just about anyone should be able to check batt. Dealers as well, unless that are a shatty dealer.

Stick a wrench between the two posts and if it gets hot and explodes it was bad.

P.S. Don't stick a wrench bet. the posts. OK?

Also, just about anyone should be able to check batt. Dealers as well, unless that are a shatty dealer.

In high school auto shop, there was this idiot that was charging his battery. After a while he turned off the charger, walked over to the tool board, returned with a breaker bar and placed it across the battery terminals.

The explosion blew him back about 6 ft. He was extremely lucky he didn't get hurt.