HOOK UP A TACH ??

89Cutlass

There's a white wire coming out of the ignition module, that's the one you need to tap into.

But a factory tach is way better looking and I'd recommend going that route. A 92-94 analog gauges cluster will plug right in with only minor wiring required (you might need to run the white wire from the module into the car to the cluster). Or an 88-91 digital gauges cluster can be installed but will required reorganizing some of the pins in the connector.

Shawn is correct. on the ignition modual has a white wire on it.. my L67 had 2 white wires.. so if yours has 2 white wires on it then use a tap and a Fluke meter and the voltage should flucsuate with the RPM's.

RedZ

I would just splice into it. Or if you can get a crimp terminal for the firewall connector, you could possibly just crimp your new wire to it and plug the terminal into the connector. The tach wire goes all the way to the firewall connector, but doesn't have a mating end inside the car. At least this is the case in my Cutlass, but on cars with full-digital clusters, you don't need the tach wire anyway. The digi tachs get their signal from the ALDL.