anyone using Bazooka subs?

GPdriver1986

I was looking at a Bazooka sub they look pretty good for the price. Its a simple 8'' sub and it comes with a built in amplifier. If anyone is using one right now, how is the sound quality? I was just thinking once i get my head unit, i'll buy one and if it sounds good, i'll keep it but if don't like it i'll return it.

well of course yours is gonna sound better, its more expensive. But right now i have a 6'' ported sub for my computer and it sounds pretty good, right now i'm in the basement and if turn it up i can hear it upstairs on the 2nd floor. But with the rear speakers and 1 8'' sub, i think i'll have enough bass. Right now in my car i have a sony cd player attached with a cassette adaptor to my factory radio and it shakes.

Bazooka tubes are great for someone who wants an all in one package for a good price, with easy install and decent sound. No, you will not win an SPL contest, but it will give your stereo some more depth. Also, positioning is key. Install it, but dont strap it down right away. Move it around in the trunk and find which way sounds best before bolting it down permenantly.

I have 1 of the Triangle subs in both of my cars(1 in each car). I think it sounds descent. It can get damn loud when I crank it but still gives descent SQ. If you can get it cheap i'd say get it. You get some low-end punch and don't lose much trunk space!

FYI. I have been feeding both these subs with around 300 watts RMS and I've never had a problem with either of them so far! *Knocks on wood*

Ya i don't care about winning contests all i care about is having a big trunk with some bass pumping. I'm gonna try it out see how it works.Heck I can even buy 2 of them.

I have a 8" amplified bass tube from kicker/ stillwater designs and it is excellent and doesnt take much space. I position mine so the sub points to the rear right corner of the trunk.

I have a 8" amplified bass tube from kicker/ stillwater designs and it is excellent and doesnt take much space. I position mine so the sub points to the rear right corner of the trunk.

pic plz :D

• 7 years later...

sorry for bring back a old post, but i was looking at the bazooka tubes with amp would a 6 in sound good or do i need or should i go 8 in., also don't these just lay in the back seat ?? as far as a trunk mounted amp & sup it seems alot of the sound stays in side the trunk instead of into the car. thanks

correct me if i'm wrong..... but IIRC, most bazooka tubes seem to be acoustically tuned around a specific wavelength?

Tuned high for output, probably around 50-60hz, with a sharp roll-off above and below that frequency range. Great for adding a bit more "thump" in your trunk if that's all you're looking for, but that output is high distortion (by way of group delay) and sounds like ass to anyone who has heard what bass should properly sound like.

People like them because they're easy to install.

^ that's the much more in depth version of what i was trying to say. :lol:

my thought process was that the entire assembly seems to function as a port on a proper enclosure.

^ that's the much more in depth version of what i was trying to say. :lol:

my thought process was that the entire assembly seems to function as a port on a proper enclosure.

There is a port as well as an enclosure, only the port is external to the enclosure.

BT1014.jpg

thanks for you're input on this , yes easy install that's me.. and just alittle extra bass. i ended up ordering a amplified subwoofer in a box, and better 6x9 speakers it should work for what i'm looking for.