'''

Invasion1

Vette pump from 90 isn't a replacement option. It's one of those "parts" that GM sourced out for our cars. Hey, it runs a 350" V8, it'll run a little 3.1. :lol: I'm going w/ a cell and aftermarket pump. Keep it simple. (ISH)

WHEN i get 2 do my pump again, im going to rig up a fuel pickup off of an older camaro and use an external pump. Much bigger aftermarket and that way I can run a regulator. also makes it 100 times easyer to swap fuel pumps.

-Jeff

Guest TurboSedan

when the fuel pump went out on my Cutlass last year, i went to Advance and bought a fuel pump for a '90 Grand Prix 3.1 Turbo application. i asked them to cross reference the part # with a '90 L98 Vette and it had the same part # so i bought it. it was a Masters brand i think. i would have splurged for a Walbro 255 ltr/hr pump but i was pretty short on cash at the time and didn't have time to order one. i forgot how much it was....somewhere around $100 i think. it's still working great with around 10,000 mile or so.

the fuel pump on my Lebaron died last week and i just bought a Walbro 255 ltr/hr fuel pump online today...it was $120.

i would go with the Walbro 255 if you can.

Guest TurboSedan

i bought the Walbro pump and a bunch of gaskets and hardware for my 2.2L Turbo 2 Lebaron GTS from here:

http://www.fwdperformance.com

they are a Shelby Turbo Dodge Vendor. my brother has the Walbro 255 fuel pump in his Omni GLH and Shelby Lancer and has had great luck with them....definately enough fuel should we decide that we need enough fuel for a 20-30 psi, 3-bar calibration and bigger injectors later down the road 8)

to be honest i think the 190 ltr/hr pump would be fine for a TGP engine below 15psi (just a guess) i bought the 255 because i am planning on a 3-bar cal, bigger injectors, and lotsa boost in my GTS sometime this fall...

HP 255 LPH (High Pressure) #FPG003 a.k.a. GCA758 $108 US

I bought this one. No real reason why, just it's the best and just slightly more than the others.

I also bought from autoperformanceengineering, so I can vouch that the guy is a trustworthy seller.

See Dave, that wasn't so bad was it? Good luck putting it in, and take pics. If I ever decide to change pumps in the auto, that's what I'll be going w/. Is it plug N play, or what all is involved in changing the pump?

Sounds good to me. Dave lemme know, I'd change it, but the pump in Sunshine is about 1500 miles old, and won't be changed if I don't have to (until time for the cell that is)

Dave... I don't know what to tell you, because the pump is currently still sitting on a shelf in my basement!!!

I bought it for my 89 Cutlass because my fuel pump was dying and this was only $20 or so more than an OEM one... anyway, my fuel pump never died. It's still weak and I should change it, but it's a smelly PITA to do, so I haven't gotten around to it.

From what I remember (I used to have a stock pump for comparison), it's almost exactly the same except for maybe the electrical connections and I think it may have come with an adapter for that, I can't remember.

Dave... I don't know what to tell you, because the pump is currently still sitting on a shelf in my basement!!!

From what I remember (I used to have a stock pump for comparison), it's almost exactly the same except for maybe the electrical connections and I think it may have come with an adapter for that, I can't remember.

SO what you're saying, is you don't know shit. :lol:

.. Wow tShawn doesnt know SHIT!!!!! :shock: WOW that a RARE one!! LOL

I know I've seen a how to on the Walbro Fuel pump... Ummm I think its on the TGP Site Chris Alridge???