spark plug wires

Cornerdealy

I use ACDelco RapidFire for spark plugs, and standard ACDelco spark plug wires.

These are more than enough for these cars............unless you REALLY want the pretty colored wires, buying aftermarket stuff is kind of a waste of cash.

buying aftermarket stuff is kind of a waste of cash.

I agree to a point. aftermarket products usually dont work well on their own. example if you have a high flow exaust and no intake its a waist. If you have stock timing and ignition then aftermarket wires arent going to help much. if you have a advance ignition modules and use stock wires is also a waist.

Other then making your car look pretty aftermarket dosnt help unless you go all out.

Accell makes a decent super stock wire using spiral core technologies although they are 7mm they are just as conductive as any 8mm wire in comparison

i ran ohm tests on Orilley Omni spark oem replacement plugs vs super stock accell wires both 7mm and the Omni had 10x the resistance.

total wire leanght

Omni spark 7mm = 14-28k ohms

Accell superstock 7mm= 2.5-4k ohms

rapid fires are overpriced

i'd never pay $10 a spark plug. i don't make enough money to blow it on shit like that

get ac delco coppers for $1.09 a piece and change them in 30,000 miles.

platnum plugs don't hold their gap any better than coppers, although they're advertised as so, wrongly.

I have personally WITNESSED, stock coils AND wires going OVER 60,000 Volts (can't tell you HOW much higher it was, the scope peaked out at 60K) I had a set of Accel Super Stock wires (7mm) on my LeSabre and was having problems w/ it. We changed out the wires for a set of AC Delco wires (Also 7mm, stock from Adv. auto for LESS than the Accels) and all my problems went away. The curve was TONS better and the peak test netted 60K. If you need more than that. Well, I don't know what to tell you. I like the pretties. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I would go with AC Delcos. Unless you want something for looks also, then go with Taylor wires. They come in red and blue for sure. Not sure what other colors. And they are around the same price as Delcos.

I've seen at least two 3100 Berettas run SLOWER with Accel coil packs.

Seriuously.....unless you are some turbo or nitrous good, AC Delco parts are MORE than sufficent. GM's DIS is quite *hot*.....one of the better parts of the car in fact.

i'd never pay $10 a spark plug. i don't make enough money to blow it on shit like that

platnum plugs don't hold their gap any better than coppers, although they're advertised as so, wrongly.

Rapidfires aren't $10 a plug.. I paid $3.50 per.

Rapidfires aren't $10 a plug.. I paid $3.50 per.

really? where? Murrays, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto, and Napa all want high ass prices. i'm sure the dealer does too.

anybody tried nology wires? Just curious - they're expensive as hell. Each wire has a capacitor to hold "reserve spark" until its actually time for the plug to fire. then it shoots the whole load to the plug. I checked their website, but they don't list wires for our cars (especially 3.4's). they were like $220.00 a set for the other gm's.

What don't you understand about stock wires being good enough? I mean really....the money left over after buying AC Delcos over Nology is enough to pay for FFP's UDP (which makes PROVEN power).