Supercharger Questoin?!?!

RenegadeZ

Here goes, my uncle has an SSEi Bonneville (96 I think). I've driven it a few times but I never got the boost to go past zero. I didnt really try to hard either, I was trying on the highway I had it WOP to see if the boost would go past zero and it didnt. How do I get it into the +Boost?... I've never messed with supercharged vehicles thats why I'd rather ask then go tryin somethin @ his expense.

It did ok, but it wasnt what I expected. I havent gotten a chance to mess around with it in a few months. Next time I will check the belt on the charger itself... Since fuel prices have been so high he hasnt been running premium octane either.

Well, there's your answer. The Series I and II L67's require premium. It's not a pick and choose like the Series III's are. Lack of decent pull = lack of decent gas.

The OBD1 L67 ECM's have a spark table that is switched to whenever excessive knock is detected, ie regular grade fuel. The settings in this spark table are very conservative to say the least.