'

Invasion1

I'm not at home so I can't get pics, but my bar fits fine.

I used stock inner hangers and 95 Monte Z34 bushings.

I used the Addco outer clamps and Addco outer bushings.

Fits fine.

Did you get the Monte bushings at a dealer, Shawn? Price?

Yep. I'm thinking they were less than $3 each. Not very expensive, but I bought them a long long time ago!

The one on Luke's car I put on there. It was tight against the right side rear strut when first installed. I also had to trim about 1" from each end of the sway bar so it didn't hit (don't remember what is was hitting anymore). I used the modified stock swaybar hangers and after trimming a touch it fit just fine... 8)

Guest TurboSedan

i just installed my Addco bar on Tuesday. i got it all installed but still need to put the hangers on (car is not being driven).

Dave - it sounds to me like the bar might be installed upside down, ecspecially since the bar is hitting the lateral control arms. you may want to check that pic of the Addco bar on W-body.com to be sure. i have actually done that before and had to take the bar back out and re-install it. i almost did it again the other day!

one thing i noticed about my bar: when the rear end is up in the air the bar will contact the strut body on both sides, however when i put the wheels back on and lower the car i have about 3/8" of clearance on both sides.

i am using 95 Monte outer brackets and bushings. they are taller and hold the bar out from the strut more than the Addco bushings. i also noticed that since they hold the bar out further, this also means the bar is held closer to those 2 big bolts for the lateral control arms near the center. this may have been the cause of the clearance problem i had with those 2 big bolts causing my inner hanger bracet to break. kind of hard to exlplain...

i still haven't figured out what i'm going to do for the inner hangers. more than likely i will be using modified Addco inner hangers or if that doesn't work i will use my 22mm 95 Monte inner hangers and have them welded to the frame.

i am using 95 Monte outer brackets and bushings. they are taller and hold the bar out from the strut more than the Addco bushings. i also noticed that since they hold the bar out further, this also means the bar is held closer to those 2 big bolts for the lateral control arms near the center.

Yep, that's exactly why I decided to use the Addco outers. The Monte outers put the bar too close to those 2 big bolts.

Really, the Addco could use a redesign!!!

Guest TurboSedan

i will see if its upside down.......but i don't see how it will fit the otherway but i will give it a try.......

yeah believe it or not it actually does! i remember the suspension had binded up and was really stiff when i accidentally installed it the wrong way. how are you having a problem with the inner hanger location? you should be able to slide the inner hanger on the bar to put it in the right location?

The best quickest way to install the ADDCCO bar is to have the car up on an alingment rack. the way the car is up for acces, but the suspension is still compressed.

Install the end links in first (at the struts) and then the 2 mid section bushing

And err check to be sure the bar is not upside down!!!! :wink:

Guest TurboSedan
Im an Idiot............

it was upside down

:oops:

HA! don't feel bad, it's really easy to get it wrong ecspecially if you're not familiar with it! it looks almost the same when installed upside down really.

i'm sure you'll notice a helluva difference with that Addco bar :) good luck.