'

Invasion1

I would highly reccomend not getting nitrous. The green GP that I bought had nitrous for 2 months, and the engine blew entirely. I bought it for $800. Unless you beef up the internals a lot, and do a great deal of preventative maintenance, don't add it, unless you want to give me another $800 car! :D

I doubt i will be adding it

I am just looking for info on the subject.......

fair enough, just figured I would pass that little tidbit onto you

i recall reading somewhere that the 60*v6's can take up to a 50 shot on stock everything

just forget where i read that at.... :?

I never had nitrous while I had it, but the guy that I bought the car from said that he was running a 50 shot for some of the time, and a 75 up until he killed it. I will also say, that it was the lack of preventative maintenance that killed this car. The extra heat created by the burning of nitrous made the exhaust manifolds extra hot, and in turn, the manifolds melted the power wires leading to the coil packs. This produced a faulty spark, and led to puddled nitrous. Then, when a spark finally occured, it was on a large amount of nitrous.

Lesson learned, if nothing else, relocate or further insulate the coil packs and power supplying wires!

welp, it'd totally depend on what motor you're running, whether or not your running a wet kit, or a dry kit, and so many other things.

The only time the exhaust will get extra hot is if you are running way to lean (dry kits will do this all* the time) so your best bet is with a wet kit, and running one on a 60* isn't that hard at all, and really fun actually.

I ran N2O on my 2.8 Buick Regal with no problems, but it was a properly tuned/jetted N2O kit giving me an extra 40hp at the wheels (75 kit) I did take the kit all the way up to 150hp at one time properly tuned/jetted ran it a few times, then backed the N2O/Fuel mix back to the 75 kit, and the engine ran fine up untill I sold the car (and it's still running, very well I may add)

I will be adding N2O to my Z-34 as soon as I have the time, and the extra parts to put it together.

--Dave.

Mmmmmm, Nitrous. NitroDave has a kit on his TGP, he has a *lot* of experience in N20, but I haven't seen him around in a grip. He (I can't say I would do this but this is what he did) ran a wet setup right into his upper I/C pipe. He plumbed it from the rail test port for the fuel, and mounted his sol. in between the dog bones. He also had a homemade I/C spray bar. Hit the purge sol. and liquid N2O spray ont he I/C freezing it. (I plan on doing this as well) He never gave any track times or spray sizes, but he had it. I had pics, but don't know where they are. I will try to find them. Wet is safest when it comes to a/f ratio. (Unless you do it right, which is very not easy) But man, w/ this DIS, if you get a backfire, say good by to your upper plenum. It'll probably make it's way through the hood.

yeah, the engine that was in there backfired enough to blow off the TB, and blew the hot air ricer intake strong enough to put a good sized dent in his crappy battery.