Well- I did it.

Intlcutlass

I found another car. It all started when I wanted to use my Cutlass as my "project" car. I kept telling my brother-n-law about the Turbo Grand Prix's. He said he wanted to do some research into what car he would want as a project car, I told him to get a Fiero based on the characteristics he was after. Then when he found one ( 88 formula 5-speed) and he let me drive it---I was hooked. Knowing how much work my cutlass was going to be (body work - suspension work + an engine swap) I decided against making it my project. I had even bought pretty much everything to swap the auto tranny in the Cutlass to a 5 speed.

I found,and have bought a 1988 red Fiero Formula 5 speed. Guess where that Turbo'd motor is going??? Lotus suspension-2600 lb car with 250 hp...this will be cool. I am keeping my Cutlass- I love the digital dash and all the goodies listed in my signiture. But it's going to be my daily driving car. I know Shawn is going to Hate me, cause my Cutty looks like crap, and unless someone else pays for it, I'm not fixing it. It runs great! (it should after the $$ i put in it). But for summer months and best track times and the all plastic body-- I'll take the Fiero.

Thanks for the reply, it's just that I feel a bit guilty.

I have/had some really cool plans for the Cutty, but it's way more work than I want to do. The Cutlass is a Sport/Touring/Luxury car, Not a sports car, and to this day, I defy anyone to find more buttons in there car, than mine.

Fiero's are not for everyone. You either hate em, or love em. The Formula version of these is really impressive, at least it was for me. Lotus suspension makes the thing really handle well.

I just feel bad about not dropping the turbo 3.1 in it after all I planned.

Don't worry, there might be a Turbo 3.1 Cutlass after all.

If the Turbo 3.1 at the local junkyard is still there, I might buy it and do a direct swap. Shouldn't be a huge trick to it, and the wiring is minimal. They offered it to me for $200 complete with turbo.

I'm thinking to do it to Penny's '88. Might help it sell. :)

TGPilot,

Yeh, I have seen them, my brother-n-lay wants to get the "Finalie"?? something like that. I would't do anything like that, but they do look cool. Mine will retain the "stock" look, but will have the 3.1 Turbo in it...

oh and it is a Hm-282 5 speed.

Man you guys are fast...everytime I go to post a responce-theres another reply!!!

Hey Shawn, How's life???

Hey if you need anything- I have some spare parts.

Somebody else wants my spare turbo and crossover, but I still have a Intercooler

Hm-282 from a Cutlass with the Interior shift plate,handle&boot and the half shafts.

I can't use the upper plenum, cause it would be mounted backwards on a Fiero motor.

Let me know... I just don't want to loose money.

Sure, I'll let you know if I decide to build the Turbo Cutlass!

I'd need a crossover, but I could get one from Jeff M anyway.

I had referred someone I talk to on AIM to this engine, but if it's still there in 3 months or so, I'm taking it. The engine has sat in the engine room at the junkyard for 3-years already and it's time someone did something with it (they had even forgotten they had it).

I had an 85 SE for 3 years. It did me well and was much fun. I still would like another...but to kit out.

By the way, the hood top and trunk are fiberglass. And that plastic does crack. I know. I hit ice swerved (it's hard to get it back again, especially with wider tires) went down a deep ditch to a couple baby trees and did $2400 damage... all cosmetic. It was the left fr. fender, hood, light cover and the inner/outer bumper.

I used colored duct tape and you had to be close to see it. It all pieced together like a puzzle. Red duct tape and black for the molding. Loved the stereo speekers in the seats.

As you all know I really want the 5-speed stuff. How long Have I been yapping about converting the regal??? And nobody remembers!!!! I'm gonna go cry. :wink:

-Tom