'

Invasion1

As long as the stock wires in good shape, you'll be fine. the bigger the wire the easyer the flow, but chances are, your stock wires will handle the new amps without an issue.

-Jeff

10g is good as long as the wire is less than 5' If longer I would move to 8g. I ran 4g when I wired up my batt. isolater. It's not really that big of a deal and it looks hella cool. It costs a couple bucks and may help when under a heavy load. (Def. not nec. but why not?)

welll

it is highly recommended in the car audio community to upgrade the big 3 underhood.

the big three are

batt to frame

block to frame

alt to batt

4 gauge is the minimum recommended

many will do 1/0.

as overtime these wire get corroded and well they were designed with only the facotry electronics in mind.

so when a system is put in it can cause stress on the factory electrical system. some of the stress can be relieved by upgrading the big 3 as well as the batt and alt.

for many with fairly small systems the big 3 is enough. if not then make sure the batt is good and do a HO alt.

so in a nutshell yes do it.

Monty

160 amps is a hell of a lot, cars used to have 35 amp alternators

but they did not have the electronics we have in cars today.

many of the smaller cars and imports are around the 50-60 amp mark still.

one of the biggest baddest car audio comp cars has but a 60 amp alt. and that is not even used when competing as they run soley off of battery power.

that big bad car

the honda CRX. LOUD as hell in DBDRAG street class and USACi stock classes. can be started in usaci, but not in dbdrag.

not that is relavent to this case, just felt like a tidbit of info.

Monty

160 amps is a hell of a lot, cars used to have 35 amp alternators

but they did not have the electronics we have in cars today.

many of the smaller cars and imports are around the 50-60 amp mark still.

one of the biggest baddest car audio comp cars has but a 60 amp alt. and that is not even used when competing as they run soley off of battery power.

that big bad car

the honda CRX. LOUD as hell in DBDRAG street class and USACi stock classes. can be started in usaci, but not in dbdrag.

not that is relavent to this case, just felt like a tidbit of info.

Monty

yeah, they didn't have to power much back then, no bizillion watt amps or none of that shit

going by the ebay link above it looks to be a remanufaturered alt.

going by the price that is about right on for a reman alt.

once upon a time all that was powered by the alt were the lights.

i recall many a time at car shows as a kid they would start up an engine as it sat on an engine stand. the batt was used only to start the engine then disconnected.

Monty