Cutlass Ciera Convertible?

NORBI

Today for the 3rd time in my life i saw a older model of Cutlass Ciera convertible. One time i saw one on ebay and two times on street i didnt know they made them convertible or was that just custom. :shock:

I am 100% sure it was a convertible, and even saw one on ebay while ago with a top down, i think it would be cool to own something so rare if i had it i would be taking care of it but this guy didnt take care of it at all i just feel bad sometimes for something that people have and dont realize it how rare it is.

I got to say that those Cieras are sleepers especially with 2.8 engine, my friends mom has a 87 Ciera with 2.8 and that this burns so much rubber and its much faster then my 88 CS with 2.8. We had fun couple times and pissed some rice boys with that car and they get pissed when they cant loose a GRANNY car in their fartmobiles and even on start we used to take them all the time. :P

Mine wasnt half bad. It had the Tech 4 motor, not the Quad4 (which i was told was crap in those cars). It woped a 2000 or 01 Hundai Tiburon. I know its not much of a race, but those things are fast, and I left him WAY behind. THe only things is that when i was foloorwing my GF or something, i would be WAY behind.

It held up right nice right before it died. The week before the crash, I was getting it ready to have the exhaust replaced (muffler had fallen off and that thing sounded wicked). Good thing i didnt waste the time

I like my Supreme much beter :)

Jon

Mine had the 3.0 V6, and a 3 speed tranny.. god damn it was a gutlass piece of crap. But for having 128,000 miles, the paint still shined up real well, and the interior was pretty clean. I got $1800 out of it on trade for the Lumina, lol. I had a picture of it somewhere, I'll have to dig it up. Oh, I also had the original window sticker that I scanned, I'll have to find that as well.

I got to say that those Cieras are sleepers especially with 2.8 engine, my friends mom has a 87 Ciera with 2.8 and that this burns so much rubber and its much faster then my 88 CS with 2.8. We had fun couple times and pissed some rice boys with that car and they get pissed when they cant loose a GRANNY car in their fartmobiles and even on start we used to take them all the time. :P

you should drive one with the 3.8 and 3 speed. It friggin flies. My friend had one before he got a '90 (ish) 240SX 5 speed. He said the Ciera was a hell of a lot faster.

Considering they put in the same 3.8 in that little A body as they did with the Big ass H bodies, it did know how to move, and it was bulletproof and easy to work on. It only got grandma'ish at around 1989 when GM so cleverly decided to NOT REDESIGN IT FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS bringing the grand total to: "I can put a '82 drivers door on my '96" Even consumer reports branded it as "no longer competitive" after 1991. It used to compete with the Taurus

Guest RedCutlassSL

Yeah, GM is kinda lethargic and stupid like that. Don't forget, the powers that be also axed the Fiero, the F-body, and axed Olds. How fast were those A-bodies with the 3.8?

I imagine it probably still sucked in the 1/4 but with that freaking low end torque the 3.8 so graciously gives, that car went to 40 real quick, with 5 people in it. Interesting to say the least!