;

Invasion1

Cut, copy, paste. :lol:

Well, you can tune a diesel w/ an EGT gauge, but you can't tune a gasoline engine w/ one. You'd be better off spending your time/money on a WB02. It's about as useful as an EGT is on a diesel.

I wouldnt recommend putting it before the turbo, there is always a chance that part of the sensor could break off and head into the turbo, which is very very bad news! :(

on all the turbo cars I've worked on, I've used an EGT and a WBO2 - usually I figure out which cylinder is most starved on the engine and place it at that exhaust port right on the manifold, I've never had an EGT gauage break.

now, on the motors I've tuned, there have been many people who have had exiprences with tuning via egt's - the secret to it is to know the engines highest temp it can reach and aim for just under those temps.

on the 3000 GT VR4 I helped tune, it wouldn't be uncommon to see EGT temps reaching 1500+ while at full boost.

as for info on a WBO2 look on the AEM website they have a nice little stand alone unit with gauage, from what I've heard tho the 1 volt version output of this doesn't work very well, so the full gauage unit is the way to go.

36_1_f.jpg

here's their website http://www.aempower.com/product_ems.asp you'll see the unit on the bottom right cornerish area.