Ebay frenzy...

crc

Normal? $46 for an arm rest on a 13 year old car that's not even vintage? I redid my cover with about $10 worth of material, with the foam and machine sewed trim around the edges, everything... It's not that hard, just takes a bit of an effort like most things. (and also access to a descent sewing machine :)

This is the second time you spell my name wrong on purpose, :devil: JUST DON"T DO IT!!

Anywayz i used the old ring trim, its similar color and barely noticable.

aww damn my mistake! lmao....wait so you still used the old trim ring on new material? Or did you just reupholster the "top" part, leaving the original side material and the ring? Got a pic? Im still waiting on your painjob pics too! :fruity:

Normal? $46 for an arm rest on a 13 year old car that's not even vintage? I redid my cover with about $10 worth of material, with the foam and machine sewed trim around the edges, everything... It's not that hard, just takes a bit of an effort like most things. (and also access to a descent sewing machine :)

It's funny, I had picked one up from a junkyard for $4 it was from an '88 intl and it was MINT...about 2-3 mos later my elbow caused it to crack in the typical spot and to this day it's still spreading! I guess the previous owner kept 2 hands on the wheel. When vinyl gets old w/o being treated, this is what happens. No way around it. I cant wait for that ebay one to crack!

That link on your sig is amusing.. :)

And I thought I had a bad driver's license photo..

You a cop?

Anyway, on the arm rest.. I actually find the hardest part is molding the foam in the right shape with the slight curve on the edges and toward the front. If the foam has dents or is lumpy then the cover fabric will stretch unevenly and will start to crack over time. Get the foam nice and as flat as possible at the top and the arm rest will last a long time.

I actually kept the old foam on my original one since it was actually good still. I think if I just take the leather I used, remove it, do a little fold where the perimeter of the "top" of the armrest (on the inside of the leather) and sew it to resemble the ring on the OEM ones. Hell it'll look better than the black brick I did! I'll get a photo.

Oh and I'm not a cop, though I seriously wish i was in the shape to be one. I would do it in a heartbeat!

I was told a local auto upholstery shop charges $40 to re-cover these. Not sure if thats for leather or vinyl.