Performance Chips

93CutlassSupreme

i have a 3.1 multiport

i'd rather go with the Jet or FFP because i don't feel like paying for premium, considering gas is going to go up all throughout the summer

you guys notice a real improvement with a chip, or would you consider it a waste of money?

I wouldn't buy an FFP chip, Ben doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He just types in random numbers in the boxes. :lol: J/K, hey, if you want to spend money for no reason, buy a potato chip, and try and smash it into your ECM. It'll do you about as much good as a Hypercrap, or Jet. Buy the FFP, and you know what you're gonna get. Do you really think that some rich ass programmer at Jet is driving around in a Cutty, GP, or a parts car? Go w/ someone who knows these cars.

I've personally seen Ben (FFP) work on a custom chip for a MPFI 3100 (not a top end swap, whole engine and its not using SFI). That is Taylor's gold '88 Cutlass BTW. So yeah, it looks like Ben knows what he is doing.

Go with the potato chip, it tastes better:)

Ok edit....(for beer...weeeee).

Speaking of random numbers, when I was learning how to tune my modded 3.1, you wouldn't believe how much those random numbers dont do anything! Hahahaha, oh man, I was editting in hex, just messin with the spark table. Wasn't till a few weeks later that I decided to make a file for winbin so I could see what the hell I was doing in english. I went through over 100 variations, starting over 14+ times till I figured out the easiest way to do it. Its no wonder some people were saying to start learning on a near stock engine for tuning....its hell with a cam, head work, larger injectors...oh god I was asking for trouble (yes, this has nothing to do with which chip you should buy, im just telling a story cause its 4:30 am and I gotta wait till 5 am to start the car and test out my new lifters....grrr).

As for Taylors car, that thing was beyond my help at the time. He fixed a few things and then drove it out to me, which wasn't much better but I got it computer rigged so to speak to work properly. Now he has headers and did a few changes to whatever else and I guess the vacuum readings are FINALLY within a real spec (thats the problem with MAP, vacuum dictates everything). I think he and lorenzo are coming out here again this month so I can finally tune it 100% and see how it does on a dyno possibly. I love custom tuning cars though, its always a challenge in some way:)

alright thanks you guys

i just might possibly order a ffp chip...

i'd be nice to get an underdrive pulley but i'd have a hell of a time getting a belt 1 inch shorter than stock, the stupid asses at the stores here would be like what are you talking about?

alright thanks you guys

i'd be nice to get an underdrive pulley but i'd have a hell of a time getting a belt 1 inch shorter than stock, the stupid asses at the stores here would be like what are you talking about?

You have the MPFI 3.1, correct? If so, your stock belt should be 71" long. So you go in there and ask for a 70" long belt. If they can't find you one, tell them you want a 4060700. That is a 6 rib 70.0" belt. That is exactly what you want.

HTH.

Shawn

As for Taylors car, that thing was beyond my help at the time. He fixed a few things and then drove it out to me, which wasn't much better but I got it computer rigged so to speak to work properly. Now he has headers and did a few changes to whatever else and I guess the vacuum readings are FINALLY within a real spec (thats the problem with MAP, vacuum dictates everything). I think he and lorenzo are coming out here again this month so I can finally tune it 100% and see how it does on a dyno possibly. I love custom tuning cars though, its always a challenge in some way:)

Where can i learn or read up on how to do this? This sounds very interesting, I would love to learn how to do it.

alright thanks you guys

You have the MPFI 3.1, correct? If so, your stock belt should be 71" long. So you go in there and ask for a 70" long belt. If they can't find you one, tell them you want a 4060700. That is a 6 rib 70.0" belt. That is exactly what you want.

HTH.

Shawn

alright thanks

rack upanother one for FFP....

Ben likes a callenge all right And I give it to him.... He has yet to figure out the chip on my wife's 2.8 GP.. LOL we mush have going thru 4 chips already..

Ben, I'll be trying out the FFP 3.1 coded chip in Beth's 2.8 GP to test and see how it runs. I'll let you know. Right now, I just don't feel like going anywhere near that bastard 2.8 after it coughed up another Alternator out on I-75 yesterday. Spent Easter Sunday looking for a parts place that was open and changing an alternator off the side of I-75 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rack upanother one for FFP....

Ben likes a callenge all right And I give it to him.... He has yet to figure out the chip on my wife's 2.8 GP.. LOL we mush have going thru 4 chips already..

Ben, I'll be trying out the FFP 3.1 coded chip in Beth's 2.8 GP to test and see how it runs. I'll let you know. Right now, I just don't feel like going anywhere near that bastard 2.8 after it coughed up another Alternator out on I-75 yesterday. Spent Easter Sunday looking for a parts place that was open and changing an alternator off the side of I-75 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And I'm sure it was your car's fault!!! It was jealous that my car was getting so much attention yesterday. Like I said.. evil.