1989 Olds Cutlass Phantom

phantom89

Back to business here. When we found all the stuff in Grandpas storage, he had some emblems in the car that said SX. These are some pics we found of them temporarily taped to the car fenders (they are still unapplied and NOS). I know my sister took them out of a GM bag and they are not the Nissan SX emblems in any way, or the older Cutlass SX emblems. I wish I didn't throw that little bag out. My cousin remembers Grandpa told him they go at the end of the CUTLASS SUPREME emblems on the sides of the doors.

Has anyone ever seen emblems like these? And do they really belong on the 1989 Cutlass Supreme SX? I don't see them in any of the recent SX pics.

Their car was NOT a 1988 Pace Car replica coupe. Grandma missed their recalled convertible pace car so much we ordered the windshield and door decals for her on Valentines Day and had some shop put them on for her. All she said was, "Now I can drive it, that's our baby"

Any info on this or these cars would be a BLESSING!

post-5754-143689096452_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096454_thumb.jpg

My guess is that it's from another Oldsmobile. There were several Oldsmobiles offered with the SX package. Perhaps the Firenza.

I've been thinking now that I have my hood vents from gen II & rear bucket seats, I might try to make my 95 a SX 25 Year Tribute Anniversary car. Thoughts? Maybe what else you would do?

I love One Off, or 1 of 1 Custom Builds! A 25th Year Tribute would be way cool, I mean I haven't seen one yet for the SX.

I did find pics of the 25th H/O Anniversary custom build here, and I love it! It must of been a big leap to fit a Hurst DG into the Cutlass, I'm still trying to get my hands on a Hurst Dual Gate 2 for our tribute because of it.

Here's a link I just found of a '94 CS Vert ONE OFF ! It's got the Lightning Rods !!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/547351

Go For It :thumbsup:

post-5754-14368909668_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096686_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096691_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096694_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1988PhantomFE3
ad link

Body kits are STILL available for the W bodys! I've been searching online and finally Googled "Cutlass Supreme Ground Effects". That opened up a whole new world of sites. I've been searching under Cutlass Supreme FE3 or Cutlass Supreme SX. Those Dealer offered packages were offered thru the Oldsmobile Dealers but they all started out with the FE3X Concept on the previous G Body.

Back in the day buyers wanted customized rides, and if the Dealer could offer it from the lot, they made more sales. 70's Trans Am's/Firebirds, Monza Spider, 70's Cobra II's & 1978 King Cobra's, Ford SHO, even the Omega SX, etc... In the 80's there was a run of Mini Vans with full body kits.

Some of you might remember the 1970's Van craze when wheel flares, side moldings, and spoilers were king. Some of you might actually even see Honda's, Toyota's and other foriegn jobs running around more recently with full body kits. I don't think the GFX stuff is really going to fade away anytime soon. Too bad most of the Oldsmobile folks with the knowledge about these packages have mostly faded away...

post-5754-143689096703_thumb.jpg

The ULTIMATE mini van body kit...good for almost 200MPH! OH YES, The Espace F1 ! Get's the kids to kindergarten on time though!

Crazy French. I wanna know what they were smoking. It's potent.

• 4 years later...

1989 Cutlass Supreme SX

This was my favorite car I ever owned. I was fanatical about the car. I researched it quite a bit.

Here are some of the things I found out about it in 1991.

Regional Car : Most of these cars were in the Northeast. Mostly Ohio and Pennsylvania

They were as stated already: dealer options

The company who most likely built the SX is called Roman Chariot in Cleveland Ohio

I am waiting to here back from Jerry Roman to make certain his company did in fact do the dealer option. All signs point to Roman Chariot as they were the only restyling shop that the dealers were working with here in Northeast Ohio

Mine was white with white mirrors

Ground effects kit had the two cut outs for fog lights

The large reflective CUTLASS SUPREME SX sticker on the rear ground effects piece

Mine had white  directional wheel covers with a red Oldsmobile logo in the center

3.1 multi port with the signature glugging sound exhaust

power antenna

digital dash

red velour interior

single red pinstrip

To this day, this is still my favorite car I've ever owned. I've moved on to Corvettes but am considering rebuilding my childhood dream car.  I'm currently looking for a 1989 Cutlass to completely restore and build back into an SX

My ex wife has pictures of my car which had won a few local shows. I'm pestering her to find the photos. They are old polaroids but I'm sure I will get them from her one of these days. I will scan them in when that happens

I miss the car so much that I actually photoshopped the only SX pic I could find that was close to mine to how mine actually was.

Here's that pic

post-9733-0-35608300-1462090041_thumb.jpg

Oh wow. This is cool. Never knew about a special edition Cutlass.

Oh wow. This thread is old. Dates back to 2004. I was only in 4th grade and the Regal was still dressed in all white back then.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember that body kit, it was made by Razzi if I remember correctly. Don't know if that company's still around.

Yeah Razzi is still around. Sadly the last thing they still have for Olds is a body kit for the Alero