Hood pins

god910

Well as some of you guys know, the p/d (previous destroyer) of Sunshine put hood pins on it, thus destroying a perfectly good hood (cutting holes in metal WILL do that you know) So, since they are already there, I think I will go ahead and put the back 2 in, so I can remove the hood when I choose to. Where would you guys put the back 2 pins? I was thinking the drip rail on the feneder, but I wouldn't be able to get underneat it. Maybe on the strut tower somewhere. Thanks guys.

Personally I would fill the holes and paint the hood, but thats just me.

However, if I were to do that I would try to put the pins on the strut tower or something like that. Or maybe get a strut tower brace and put them on that.

Sawn

Well, I tell ya. I really wouldn't mind having a pin'd hood for THIS particular car. It's gonna get all the mods, and it work on it more than I drive it (I just can't leave it alone.) It's gonna get alot of test mods, (DiscoPotato, alum. rail mounts for Accels (WIP), 3100 topend, WB02, custom exh, and downpipe, etc.) and a completely removeable hood would be awesome. I wouldn't do it to a good hood, but this one's already chopped up, so I figure I will remove the crappy APC pins and get a good set from jegs or somewhere and add the backs while I'm in there.