Can anyone show me the exact location of the Flasher

jeremy

Exact location, not sure. But, if you shimmy yourself onto the floor, and look up under your dash(you'll have to take off the lower dash piece), you'll be able to see the flasher.

If anything, turn your turn signal on and listen for it in the dash, unless your old one is completely burnt up.

When I replaced my steering column on my Regal and had the whole dash taken apart, I remember seeing the flasher on the left of the column near the headlight switch. I think you have to remove both upper and lower trim pieces to get to it, though. (BTW, 94-96 GP's, 95-96 Regals, and 95-97 Cuttys all have the same dash...)

flasher.JPG

Just curious....are you positive you have a bad flasher?

I have had 2 w-bodies with worn out turn signal switch assemblies...

Just fix it on my GP...

I don't know if you had posted problems or issues...just giving ya a heads up incase

I have had 2 w-bodies with worn out turn signal switch assemblies...

Just replaced the signal switch in the wife's Loomie a couple of months ago. When you activated the left signal, you could hear the flasher make a clicking sound way faster than usual, and it wouldn't blink unless you pulled ever so slightly on the lever (not far enough to change beams, though.)

When I had the column apart, I noticed that the bracket that connects the multifunction stalk/wiper switch to the turn signal switch is metal, and the body of the signal switch is plastic.

signalsw.JPG

It seems that years of tugging on the lever to switch on the high beams pulled the top of the contacts away from the bottom part. There was no easy way to fix the switch itself, so I just replaced it.

well my cutty had two flashers, one for the blinkers and one for the hazards, both were easy as $hit to find....replaced the one that controls the blinkers and "poof" I have blinkers again....it was the best $2.69 that I have ever spent....

out of curiosity what does everyone do with the airbag when you replace the signal switch?

Disconnect the battery, remove Airbag fuse, disconnect airbag connector under the dash, unbolt airbag, unplug and set it on the floor (or workbench) somewhere thats a ways away from you facing up...

When I replaced my steering column on my Regal and had the whole dash taken apart, I remember seeing the flasher on the left of the column near the headlight switch. I think you have to remove both upper and lower trim pieces to get to it, though. (BTW, 94-96 GP's, 95-96 Regals, and 95-97 Cuttys all have the same dash...)

flasher.JPG

Is that what color my steering wheel's supposed to be?

Is that what color my steering wheel's supposed to be?

Ha! I put on a Red Wheelskins cover 'cause my wheel was worn down to the black foam. It was either Red or Burgundy, and Burg was too dark. BTW, if you want to get a Wheelskins cover order it from this guy. Check out the instructions for the baseball stitch. If you do get one, be sure to wear gloves when you stitch it up. Those strings cut up your hands like a mofo...